Popular Tags: [View All]
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this suggested in some reviews so I figured I would start a thread.

It occurs to me that there are obvioiusly 1. A set number of combinations of maps that work, and 2. Some maps that make for better games than others.
With that said I suggest we start a repository in this thread that would contain map combinations. Perhaps I or someone could capture them and put them in a spreadsheet and post as a file to update in the files section?

I am not certain how this could work but have some suggestions.

With hex sides we could use 1 at the top side

(that is the side that is opposite the information on most hexes and what would seem to be 'top' when viewing the hexes as the art would suggest it top)

and 2,3,4,5,6 rotating clockwise around the dial. Therefore using that system, we could annotate maps by something like:

9A-1 - 2c-4
(which is the same as)
2x-4 - 9A-1
(which is the same as)
9A-6 - 2B-3

That would tell the one wanting to re-create the map which tiles to marry up and where. You would only have to reference connection to each set of tiles.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Holmes
Australia
Bass Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just take a picture of it and post it on the site...wow

Just a thought

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that would be easier but I am fearful that getting pics with enough detail to figure out the number and orientation of the times
they might be very large pics. Also, pics are individual, this could be a collection of mulitple maps in one simple file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the taking pictures idea. It'd be very nice if someone who knows what they're doing could make some sample starting maps for beginners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
It would not require taking pictures. You could easily represent all of the pieces with hexes and text areas in MSPaint. It would probably be the most clear way to do it. And once you get the basic shapes of the board pieces online, even people who don't own the game could make maps.

Edit: If you have Windows 7, MSPaint even has a hex shape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you did go the photo route, you could do an "exploded" view where all the sections have a small space between them where they fit together..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about something like this?

I could make these for each tile and then people could use them in paint to make maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Honestly, even easier would be to just have a large hex grid and then add labels to relevant hexes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
e.g.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There ya go!

I like this. Now we just gotta get some folks who have played alot to
post some good maps.

wardac wrote:
e.g.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
An interesting one I just threw together without thinking about resources or boundaries. Hopefully the representations of the map pieces I am using are accurate, I don't actually own a copy of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Burns
United States
Maineville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is one that worked well:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.