fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Fantasy Flight Games
Clear Sleeves: Standard European Board Game Pack
(the ones in the purple package)

They are many times more rigid than the cheapie Ultra-Pro sleeves and hold your precious Summoner Wars cards tightly as a swaddled babe.
Go forth and purchase!

http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/productdetails.cfm?sku=F...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heroic Monkey
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Mayday Euro Premiums (http://maydaygames.com/index.php/premium-euro-card-sleeves-1... for my SW. They are 59 x 92 mm, just like the purple Fantasy Flight sleeves. I'm really happy with them.

I'm not disagreeing at all (I've never used the purple FFG sleeves); just offering another suggestion. (And no, I'm not associated with Mayday).

I have used the green FFG sleeves for Cosmic Encounter, though; I love them. kiss

Edit: The only thing I don't like about the Mayday sleeves is that some of mine are a little wider than the other ones. It doesn't bother me too much, but it might bother some people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using Korean sleeves from Interhobby and the cards fit perfectly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
United States
Johnson City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought everyone knew about FFG's various card sleeves. laugh

Been using them since December. Shame on me. cry

Anyways, they are great quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Guardian wrote:
(And no, I'm not associated with Mayday).

JUST what someone associated with Mayday would say! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ebon Hawk
United States
Janesville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the FFG purple sleeves as well. They are a little longer that the cards, maybe 3-4 mm, so I used an exacto and ruler to cut them to size. These sleeves are the best I have found for the width of Summoner Wards cards, although I am sure that Mayday's are fine as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Elder
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Guardian wrote:
Edit: The only thing I don't like about the Mayday sleeves is that some of mine are a little wider than the other ones. It doesn't bother me too much, but it might bother some people.

Yeah, I've noticed that too, but it doesn't bother me too much. My main problem is the extra 4-5mm of sleeve at the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there room for the cards to move around in those sleeves? I got the green ones and they were a tight fit but worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Barlow
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can vouch that the Mayday euro sleeves (the 100 packs) work great. The cards fit well (no swimming), they're thin enough that everything fits back into the box properly, and since they're clear on both sides, sorting the cards back into the faction decks is easy. Plus, I had cases of these things lying around for future Dominion expansions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra Pro yugioh sleeves are the best fit I've found. Mayday are a little long (but perfectly usable). KMC & Dragon shield yugi sleeve are a tad short and the top edge of the card sticks out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markku Lappalainen
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I have found that Arcane Tinmen Board Game Sleeves Size Medium fit Summoner Wars cards perfectly - they are better than the Size Large sleeves. They are a VERY tight fit and you have to slide each card into a sleeve very carefully so as not to bend them. It's worth it as the end result is perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anh Khoa Nguyen
Vietnam
flag msg tools
FFG Sleeves are perfect for games that you don't mind the card piles being a bit... erh, high [and easy to topple over]. It's thickness and quality is one I enjoyed very much. but personally there's one thing I realize - they are only for games where you treat the cards gently because they're extremely vulnerable to tearing and ..uhm... getting old quickly due to too much handling [sorry, can't remember the word]. I usually need to renew the FFG sleeves for my Die Kutschfahrt zur Teufelsburg after about 50 plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.