Subject: How different from earlier editions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amador Gonzalez
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I'm thinking of buying Talisman 4th ed. I Have some fond memories of this game from when I was younger, I think it was the second edition that I played sometime in the late 80s.

Anyway, my questions:
-How does this one differ from earlier editions?
-Any remarkable difference between 4th edition and 4th ed. revised?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is this in the "variants" forum?
amador wrote:
-How does this one differ from earlier editions?

4e is nex to exactly similar to 2e, apart from the art.

Some very minor changes, like the Mule being a follower, and not an item.

-
amador wrote:
Any remarkable difference between 4th edition and 4th ed. revised?

* Added "Fate" value to characters, which basically are rerolls that you use up. Fate works a bit like Life, you regain them half similarily, some cards let you regain fate, some board spaces.
* Some 3 changes to the game board: The Village Mystic can make you Evil (and not only good), the Graveyard works like the Chapel does, but reverse Evil/Good and Life/Fate. Also, the temple regains you 2 fate on a roll of 11.
* Some minor fixes to the adventure cards, to allow for the "universal" cards (choose Strength, Craft, Life) to also include Fate, and they added some low-Craft monsters and nerfed the Raiders.

So it's basically the same game as 2e. The fixes are, in my personal opinion, all for the good. Feels the same, works better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amador Gonzalez
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Thanks!

I posted it in the "variants" forum because I thought my question was appropriate to the topic. It seems it wasn't blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Usher
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in the exact same situation as you, had fond memories of playing Talisman in the 80's but never owned the game myself. When I saw the 4th edition in the store I bought it immediately and am happy to say I was not disappointed. If you liked it back then you will still like it.

Great game for everyone.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.