Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Maybe I'm a moron, but I can't figure out how to use Brettspielwelt. Here's what I want to do:

I have a friend I want to play with, just the two of us. We registered. Tried to hit play now on a game, and it was all downhill from there. Anybody out there feel like walking me through it step by step? There's never a tutor around on there. And if you are inclined to help me, remember to instruct me as if I were a complete idiot or a small child because that's about the level of my competence on there.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no expert cause I don't go on much anymore but I can probably help you start a game if that's all you need

or you can look here
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/4239/bsw-primer-the-ga...
it's probably in there somewhere

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or could somebody just type me up some instructions on what to do to achieve that goal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1. Sign on.
2. In the main screen, under "BrettspielWelt" on the left, find the game you want and click it once.
3. In the giant list o' rooms which appears, click "freie Tische" at the top (brown button). Translation: "Free tables"
4. Click ONCE on a brown-colored room. If you see a person in it (male or female icon will appear next to their name), avoid it (for your purposes).
5. Click "Enter Room" at the bottom -- NOT "Initiate Game" (which will scream out across the entire world that you want game partners).
6. Once you're in the room, click "Join".
7. Your friend can now type /ghook yourusername to find you, and join as above.
8. Click "Start".

I often click Invisible and Host also. Invisible keeps others from just seeing that you're in a room alone, and Host makes it so that anybody who does join your game, can't start it themselves -- only you can start it.

I find that people on BSW, especially in very popular games, can be a bit aggressive with the joining and starting sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gogogogogogogo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Biancheria
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcclark wrote:
1. Sign on.
2. In the main screen, under "BrettspielWelt" on the left, find the game you want and click it once.
3. In the giant list o' rooms which appears, click "freie Tische" at the top (brown button). Translation: "Free tables"
4. Click ONCE on a brown-colored room. If you see a person in it (male or female icon will appear next to their name), avoid it (for your purposes).
5. Click "Enter Room" at the bottom -- NOT "Initiate Game" (which will scream out across the entire world that you want game partners).
6. Once you're in the room, click "Join".
7. Your friend can now type /ghook yourusername to find you, and join as above.
8. Click "Start".

I often click Invisible and Host also. Invisible keeps others from just seeing that you're in a room alone, and Host makes it so that anybody who does join your game, can't start it themselves -- only you can start it.

I find that people on BSW, especially in very popular games, can be a bit aggressive with the joining and starting sometimes.
So where is my friend when she types /ghook? Does she need to click on certain things first?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DC
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
She only needs to be signed in. You can /ghook from anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.