Subject: strength reduction question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jason
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Can a character whose strength has been reduced to zero as a result of an attachment defend against a challenge so the opponent doesn't go unopposed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A character with strength 0 can defend against a challenge as long as it has the proper icon, but the challenge will still be considered unopposed if you can't count at least 1 strength defending. It still may be worth considering if the defending character has some useful text that requires it to be involved in a challenge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can a character with zero strength make a challenge and win a power token for unopposed if the opponent has no characters on the table.

I know with zero strength, the challenge can't be "won" but how about for unopposed cause in a sense, there are no opposing characters to defend.

This situation actually happened in game today when I initiated challenge against a player with no characters, but a poisoned wine attachment was played reducing my character's strength to zero. I won't win the military claim but was just wondering if I still get the power token for an unopposed challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AxonDomini
United States
Smithtown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soojin wrote:
Can a character with zero strength make a challenge and win a power token for unopposed if the opponent has no characters on the table.

I know with zero strength, the challenge can't be "won" but how about for unopposed cause in a sense, there are no opposing characters to defend.

No, you can't claim an unopposed challenge if your attacking strength is zero. You have to actually WIN the challenge to claim the power for an unopposed challenge, and you can't win the challenge with a strength of zero. You must have a total strength of at least 1 to win a challenge as either an attacker or defender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.