Popular Tags: [View All]
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After dealing out all the cards into 4 stacks in a 3 player game (3 player stacks and 1 fountain stack) there are two cards left over...where do they go. We have been putting them in the fountain stack.

What is the correct rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there are 58 cards, which could only be dealt evenly into two piles or 29 piles. Thus, no matter how many players the number of cards will always be uneven.

If the rules wanted you to do something special, I think they'd say so. Just keep dealing. If people get different numbers of cards, well, bully for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Valentyne
Canada
Burlington
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always played it with the extra cards going to the 1st and 2nd players. Since the deal passes and the game has multiple rounds, we like playing it that way as it adds to the choatic feel of the game. Doesn't mean you can't have a house rule to put them in the fountain. This is perfectly acceptable but less chaotic.

F>
Co-designer of Chaos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oize wrote:
We've always played it with the extra cards going to the 1st and 2nd players. Since the deal passes and the game has multiple rounds, we like playing it that way as it adds to the choatic feel of the game. Doesn't mean you can't have a house rule to put them in the fountain. This is perfectly acceptable but less chaotic.

F>
Co-designer of Chaos

Thanks for your reply and excellent support of your game. We love Chaos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.