Michael Withstand
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've waited more than 4 months for this game and finally it's on the way. I ordered it through one of the local shop and it's been sent my way.
I'm thinking whether I should get plexiglas right away after I got my hands on it or just poster framed the map . It would be my first plunge into buying paper map board game. Not cheap either paid US$62.00 for it.

The forum looks a bit too quiet? Have I made the wrong choice?

Edit Actually I paid US72.00 for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've made a good choice, but only you can determine that in the end. If you think it likely that you'll buy more paper map wargames, a 24" x 36" sheet of plexiglass would be a very good investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this one a couple of weeks ago and had a good time. The thing with wargamers is that they tend to be "serial monogamous", i.e. another game comes out and now they're playing that. Don't worry about it and enjoy the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Massey
United States
Teachey
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Casual wargamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plexiglass is a good investment!! Never used a poster frame!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Withstand
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plexiglas it is then.....now then concern shift to finding opponent whistle I'll survive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Withstand
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The shop owner turned out to haven't shipped my AMDT after a week. I sent him sms and email when I finished transferring him the full payment to which he replied to my email acknowledging it a week and a day ago.

Today I gave him an email to which he replied he didn't know I had made the transfer. I gave him a call afterwards.

Even when you're paying you are paid back by being made upset. Such a bad service. I made other purchases similar to this way(transferring the payment then calling to give my address) to buy my PC games and never had such distasteful service.

Even when queried through email as to when my other pre order was coming the owner usually avoided the question altogether pretending I hadn't asked. surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JackFlash wrote:
Plexiglass is a good investment!! Never used a poster frame!

Plexiglass can be a convenient "one size fits all" solution, but I've used poster frames before and they always worked fine. Also, with a poster frame you can hang the map on your wall as decoration once you finish playing.

@Michael:
Hopefully the game arrives soon. I haven't played A Most Dangerous Time yet, but watched part of a game between some friends and it looked like a lot of fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Withstand
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game arrived today the shop owner personally delivered it. Well he lives about 2 click away from my home.

At least he tried to make it up for his mistake by personally delivering the package.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Withstand
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
after putting the cards into sleeve I must say the card arts is one of the best I've ever seen. They are fabulous with a classical feeling about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.