Subject: Hey Canadians! Olympics opening question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
World Cup time!!!! All work in the morning will include the tv being on Fox. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
You rocked the Opening Ceremony Canada congrats! I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some of that fiddle music. Some of it sounded like what I have heard during Flogging Molly concerts. It was some awesome stuff, I was just wondering if it is possible to track down some of the Canadian breed. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
You rocked the Opening Ceremony Canada congrats! I am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of some of that fiddle music. Some of it sounded like what I have heard during Flogging Molly concerts. It was some awesome stuff, I was just wondering if it is possible to track down some of the Canadian breed. Thanks.

I don't know much about classical music but try the official Olympic websites maybe for the info.

It was a great opening. I'm just glad they got most of the hydraulic torch pillars raised...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaky Ulnas
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Yet feet that wandering have gone
badge
Turn at last to home afar
mbmb

was a huge hit when I was in high school.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Ashley MacIsaac wore some shorts under this kilt this time. I'm positive they checked him just before he went onstage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
World Cup time!!!! All work in the morning will include the tv being on Fox. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Was that Ashley MacIsaac? I have his album! Sweet. I will have to dig that out again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
The last fiddler was MacIsaac, yeah. Though it'd be impossible to tell from the American coverage; they showed almost exclusively the dancers on the floor. I was yelling at the TV, "The dancing is incidental! Show the stage! It's the fiddling that's the point."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And yeah, I watched the coverage twice, on Canadian TV live and American TV tape-delayed. I just couldn't get enough of John Furlong's and Jacques Rogge's droning, unending speeches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also check out Barrage - http://www.barrage.org/ - for more great violin/fiddle music. They do all kinds of stuff with the violin, not just fiddle music, but I really like their stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.