Le Havre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Building Fisherman? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Phillips
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
There are a few buildings on the Appendix listed, among their building materials, as a fisherman. I couldn't find any fishermen tokens or buildings that say they provide fishermen, so I assume with for example the Fishery I can build it as long as I have the required materials (minus a "fisherman"). Or is there something else I need?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Forbes

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking about the fisherman symbol? That is used with some buildings, like the fishery, to give you a bonus to how many fish you take. It's not a resource.

I don't have the game, so I can't physically check things, but it sounds to me like you're talking about the fisherman symbol that does that.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/390040/le-havre?size=original

The symbol on the logging camp is what I am, and what I think you're referring to. It's not a cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Phillips
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Sorry, not the Appendix. I meant the Building Overview insert.

For example, the Fishery has listed as its building materials: "1 wood and 1 clay, 1 Fisherman." The card itself shows the Fisherman symbol but not that it requires a Fisherman to build it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fisherman picture on the card refers to which type of building it is. The fishery and the smokehouse have those symbols. They are not building materials but refer to the card type. So to build the fishery would just cost one wood and one clay. Hope that helps.

Furthermore, if you look at cards such as the clay mound, contruction firm. They have their own symbol that gives different types of bonuses as well. The craft symbol is what it is called if memory serves.

Great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Phillips
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Alright, excellent! Thanks for the help. I haven't played the game in awhile so I wasn't sure. I thought I was missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
ecosim wrote:
Sorry, not the Appendix. I meant the Building Overview insert.

For example, the Fishery has listed as its building materials: "1 wood and 1 clay, 1 Fisherman." The card itself shows the Fisherman symbol but not that it requires a Fisherman to build it.

The comma between clay an fisherman is meant to seperate the building cost part of the symbol part of the card description. I know, not the best solution, but that's how it's done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.