Hide
4 Posts

Galactic Emperor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about losing control and retreating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
If someone in the Regent phase places Empire tokens on your planet, so that neither side has control, does that mean your ships have to retreat, or is it only if control passes from one side to the other-?

If your attacking forces come from different areas, do they have to retreat to each of their different area? How to keep track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you don't have to retreat if it becomes a 'neutral' region.

As for retreating, you retreat the region of your choice - all the units stay together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
If someone in the Regent phase places Empire tokens on your planet, so that neither side has control, does that mean your ships have to retreat, or is it only if control passes from one side to the other-?

The rules state (Page 10 - side bar - Ships Away) that if you lose control, you must immediately move your ships to the nearest Starbase. The intent was if you have no empire tokens on a sector, you no longer control it - and therefore must move your ships to the nearest Starbase.

Quote:
If your attacking forces come from different areas, do they have to retreat to each of their different area? How to keep track?

Page 9 says retreating ships must move to their previous sector. The intent was that each ship returns to where it came from - the sector they were in before movement and combat began. Usually, this is pretty simple to resolve and you shouldn't need markers to remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Tucker
United States
Robbinsdale
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hiya Adam and all,

We had a first play of GE Friday and it was fun, nice work.

This situation came up in that play and my argument, as they were my ships :), was that unless you rend control of the sector from me, my ships are sitting in a neutral sector. Seems to me that if there is no force, political or military, making ships move, they can stay put.

If they are forced to vacate a neutral sector it would seem to me that no ship could end their move in uncontrolled space.

I am too inexperienced with this game to know if the Regent role should have this much power as to be able control rival players fleets but I will try games both with moving out of neutral sectors and requiring empire tokens to force a fleet out and report how it plays.

Thank you for a very nice game that feeds my tactician bug and allows me to play other games in the afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.