Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Small World» Forums » General

Subject: My Small World dream rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's 4 am and I can't sleep as I relive the nights Small World session. Had a few great games tonight and I keep reliving them and thinking about what I could have done different. I mostly keep thinking about the time my Were halflings desimated half the board in one turn. So beautiful. As I finally started to drift off, I had one of those half asleep, half awake dreams. I was playing Small World in my dream, only instead of regular chits for tokens there were minis. Wee little elves, tritons and halflings and slightly larger than wee giants. It was amazing and crazy awesome. Then I awoke and was sad that my dream was not real. Now I'm awake again and can't sleep cause I really want to get/make a super Small World with minis for all the races. Finding some races wouldn't be all that hard. Battlelore would be a good start for dwarfs, elves, humans, orcs and a few others. But were to find races like Tritons, Gypsies, White Ladies, or Kobolds? Any ideas. If you can think of a game that has the required minis for each race post it here and make my Small World dream reality.

PS. If Days of Wonder like this idea and decides to make a super Small World edition with minis I don't want royalties, but I do want a free copy for my Small World dream.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Please stop posting about Small World. I don't get to play it, much less dream about it. You're making me sad...

soblue
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
neoshmengi wrote:
Please stop posting about Small World. I don't get to play it, much less dream about it. You're making me sad...

soblue


So everyone should stop posting about a game they play?

That doesn't make sense.

Why can't you play the game?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't you see - his brain is in a jar, fercrissake!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Lensch
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
The Nomad wrote:
So it's 4 am and I can't sleep as I relive the nights Small World session. Had a few great games tonight and I keep reliving them and thinking about what I could have done different. I mostly keep thinking about the time my Were halflings desimated half the board in one turn. So beautiful. As I finally started to drift off, I had one of those half asleep, half awake dreams. I was playing Small World in my dream, only instead of regular chits for tokens there were minis. Wee little elves, tritons and halflings and slightly larger than wee giants. It was amazing and crazy awesome. Then I awoke and was sad that my dream was not real. Now I'm awake again and can't sleep cause I really want to get/make a super Small World with minis for all the races.


Or it could be heartburn. I dream crazy stuff after I eat pizza before I go to sleep. And the beer. OK, the beer and the heartburn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Canada
Cranbrook
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
neoshmengi wrote:
Please stop posting about Small World. I don't get to play it, much less dream about it. You're making me sad...

soblue


So everyone should stop posting about a game they play?

That doesn't make sense.

Why can't you play the game?


He can't play because his gaming group (AKA his wife ) is the Anti-Small World. I do pity the man and seek in all earnest to go visit him to alleviate his suffering with some Small World cheer. Only then he will be sad because he is continually ravaged by my Berserk Ratmen.

Can we now more on to where I can find the Hard to find minis.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim bo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Nomad wrote:
He can't play because his gaming group (AKA his wife ) is the Anti-Small World. I do pity the man and seek in all earnest to go visit him to alleviate his suffering with some Small World cheer.

Well he could always download the Vassal module for some online play or join a PBF game.

I can't help you with the mini's but if you're going to the trouble of collecting them, painting them up and purchasing a suitable storage box then I think you should go the extra mile and buy some felt to make up as the map boards and create some polystyrene hills, mini trees for the woods areas, etc. The standard game boards just wouldn't do the minis justice and would probably still leave you with an artificial feel.

To give you an idea of how well a board game can be transformed into a miniatures setting check out this screenie of what some players achieved with Command and Colours Ancients:

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.