California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players:
Will
Cathy
Ben
Darrell (me)

The game lasted just over one hour, including explaining the rules to two -three new players.

At the start of the game, I played poorly by discarding my entire hand for three horrible new ones. I discarded the card that allows someone to trade one good for 4 coins. That would have be awesome if I built it and started making tons of easy money.

Anyway, I started with three crappy cards. One to build a church, another to build something for gold, and another for making a market. All very hard to make.

The first castle building phase started, and I wasted my materials to get four victory points (and no gold).

Then I was out of resources and couldn't build anything. Then the next castle building phase, I got another four victory points, and no gold.

Before I knew it, I was the only person that had nothing built. I quickly drew a card, and built another market. Lame rewards, but anything was better than not much.

After about 12 buildings were built, Will built the Lawyers house. Near the end of the game, and I only had a crappy market and church built. Yay for no decent buildings!

Then I started drawing cards and got the pig farm. I built that one just after the lawyers house, and since it was the only double resource it was popular. Not only that but food was a rare resource. The next building I built was the gold mine.

Just about when I built the gold mine. Ben had built a Castle worth 14 VP, and Will had built some graveyard mausoleum for 10 VP. Cathy had gotten lucky by winning the castle building contest about 5 times in a row for high VP tokens and gold rewards.

Just as my pig farm and gold mine started paying out. The game ended. I really really want a rematch badly. I totally could have played that better.

Anyways, the final scores of Caylus Magna Carta were:

Cathy 37
Ben 37
Darrell 31
Will 27

Wuh? How did I beat Will? He screwed up and wasted time building the lawyer's house, placed a marker on the lawyer house, and couldn't afford to move the white marker to it. Basically he couldn't use the lawyer, and wasted a turn there. He also helped Ben create his castle and didn't try stopping him from using the pig farm and gold mine. The two things which helped him afford the castle faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.