Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Codeword Cromwell: The German Invasion of England, 8 June 1940» Forums » General

Subject: Make the rules readable! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kimmings
United Kingdom
Bathgate
West Lothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks like a good game and I'm always looking for games I can play solitaire. Just please please make the rules clear, not like the un-decipherable Fields of Fire rules (currently standing at 44 pages of rules questions thus far). I know some people have made it work but I found it too much effort having to keep track of all the updates etc. Managed to swap it for Serenissima and Thurn and Taxis though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Vasey
United States
Lincolnshire
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
k1mm1ngs wrote:
This looks like a good game and I'm always looking for games I can play solitaire. Just please please make the rules clear, not like the un-decipherable Fields of Fire rules (currently standing at 44 pages of rules questions thus far). I know some people have made it work but I found it too much effort having to keep track of all the updates etc. Managed to swap it for Serenissima and Thurn and Taxis though

Check out the rules page for their other game, Where There is Discord: War in the South Atlantic...
http://www.fifthcolumngames.co.uk/Rules.html

I haven't played this (waiting for the second print run) but the rules look OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hodges
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Given that we're producing the game under licence from the Combined Forces Military College we're going to be under heavy scrutiny from the faculty to ensure the rules are clear and presentable.

This is the first time they've released one of their training modules, so they, (and we), are very keen to ensure we get everything right.

I haven't played Fields of Fire but I hear it's a pretty inovative and enjoyable game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bultitude
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Where There is Discord is anything to go by, the rulebook will be well written and the rules themselves intuitive. First game I played I had to refer back to the book a few times, but after that I didn't need to bother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shin00bie wrote:
If Where There is Discord is anything to go by, the rulebook will be well written and the rules themselves intuitive. First game I played I had to refer back to the book a few times, but after that I didn't need to bother.

What he said. I would expect no concerns on this particular front if WTID is anything to go by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.