Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Enns
Canada
Herbert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I played 10,000, a dice game I have played hundreds of times over the years. I would like to record my play on BGG but I have no idea where to do that. For that matter I would like to include "dice" in the games I own. For cards, at least there is a "Traditional Cards" entry that you can use and then specify what you played. The closest I can find for dice is "Dice Games Properly Explained," a book by Reiner Knizia.

Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
This site needs a forum where we can put the faux offended so we can ignore them.
mbmbmbmbmb

Farkle?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
tel999 wrote:

This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Enns
Canada
Herbert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That looks like the game alright. Still I don't exactly own "Farkel". I own dice that can be used for numerous games. Is there any way I can record that I own just plain ol' "dice" like you can with cards and then specify in my comments per game play what it is I played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Farkel has an alternate name of "10000" so I'd record it here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
jayboy wrote:
Thanks. That looks like the game alright. Still I don't exactly own "Farkel". I own dice that can be used for numerous games. Is there any way I can record that I own just plain ol' "dice" like you can with cards and then specify in my comments per game play what it is I played?

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think entries like "Deck of Cards", "Dominoes", or "Dice" are appropriate since they are just items used to play a game and not actual games themselves. If we include them, we might as well have entries for "Meeples", "Pencils", and "Paper".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Enns
Canada
Herbert
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
jayboy wrote:

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think entries like "Deck of Cards", "Dominoes", or "Dice" are appropriate since they are just items used to play a game and not actual games themselves. If we include them, we might as well have entries for "Meeples", "Pencils", and "Paper".

You are probably right. I would just like to somehow record here that I have dice and used them to play a game like I can with traditional cards.

But, hey, I'm glad I learned about Farkel. 1492!!?? So 10,000 was possibly being played on Columbus' ship over to America. Amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.