Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Stenzel
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a quick 2 turn game of the Messenger Ambush scenario last night and came up with a situation that I could not find an answer to. My American team with the leader fired on the lone German squad on I4. According to the AP Combat Table the Americans inflicted a 2 Casualty Point. The German squad has a casualty rating of 5. I reduced the German squad to a half squad for the 2 casualty points but that leaves 3 casualty points for the half squad. Is there something that I need to do to give the German squad another 1 point of casualty rating since 5-2 leaves 3? Or is it just reduced to a half squad and that is it? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flip the counter for a single CP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stenzel
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know to flip for 1 casualty point. The squad had 5 cp and the cp chart indicated 2 cp for the attack points and dice roll. I reduced the squad to a have squad for the -2 cp. Is that all I need to do since it was only 2 points and only 1 squad in the hex? I don't think I explained it well enough last time. Sorry and thanks for the answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Skupin
Germany
Hamm
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, turning the full squad into a half squad is all you need to do to cover the 2 cp inflicted. The additional cp this move would cover is lost in the void. You are simply overcompensating to cover all inflicted damage.

Theoretically you could kill off the squad for a total of 5 cp to cover the 2 cp damage. That would be nuts, but possible, and you wouldn't get any refunds either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stenzel
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Barfal. That is what I thought but wanted to make sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Skupin
Germany
Hamm
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome. Thanks, Felbrigg, for handing out thumbs and tipps by the bucket. I appreciate your generosity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.