Galaxy Trucker» Forums » Variants

Subject: team variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hillary wilson

Alabama
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am working on putting together a "team building/fun day" for work where we play board games. Would it be possible to do a team variant of galaxy trucker with 3-4 people per team where they build the ship together and make decisions together? I thought using the big board (or a custom printed board) for all of the rounds would be good. I also thought that using a set timer for all rounds would be good: for the first round it could be like 15 minutes, then 10, then 8 or something. Should we play all 3 rounds or would there be a way to do 2 that would make sense? Also, what would be a way to help make the racing part of the rounds go faster? I'm concerned about the issue of 4 people AP'ing/deliberating over a decision... one person AP'ing can take long enough... with 4 on the team, they could spend 20 minutes... would a timer work for this too, or is there another option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly if I was going for "team building" I'd recommend Space Alert. Just make sure the captain's job rotates so that one alpha geek doesn't tell everybody else what to do all the time.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hillary wilson

Alabama
msg tools
mbmbmb
yeah. I've gotten this suggestion a few times, but I'm concerned about space alert with a roomful of non-gamers.
I liked the idea of galaxy trucker because I like the idea of them building something together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.