Popular Tags: [View All]
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

I am finally ready to sit down and play this gem and I had a thought while looking at the mountains. Initially when I received my game....i had 3 mountains that were destroyed. FFG replaced these in a VERY fast manner....about 3 days! No I have been considering that foam in a can filler (Great stuff??) that I use for insulation in gaps or...I was thinking of using hobbico balsa filler.....

Anyone have any luck in this? I want to protect the mountains....I am afraid of expansion of anyproduct which might put undue strain on the mountains and crack them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Great Stuff expands like nobody's business, so I would be leery of using that. I would like other ideas as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering resin myself. It's heavy, but does not expand and will be very solid. I'm somewhat leery of sitting down and filling them all due to the fact that resin tends to be a bit brittle and could damage the plastic and/or the table in a drop.

Anyone else have another light yet durable idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
_
Maybe modeling putty or jb weld? The former might be too expensive and dense, and the latter might be too messy.

Hah, perhaps caulk? It would be rather easy to apply, cheap, light, white, and rubbery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about wood glue?
Even if a lot of it vanishes over time, it should stabilize the mountains somewhat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
But if you fill them in you won't be able to stack the tiles...

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wells
United States
Centralia
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I filled mine with Great Stuff. Get the minimal expanding foam if you can find it. Just put a little in there and let them sit overnight, then use a razor knife or hobby saw to trim the foam flush with the base. It worked for me, and now I'm not worried about them getting broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.