Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Howie Dawson
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing last night, the player who had the warrior wanted to take tokens from the warp for his power of Mastery. There was disagreement as to whether this was possible. I felt this wasn't possible but the player insisted the card did not state where the tokens came from. I don't see this covered anywhere. Anyone know the ruling on this? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You add cosmic tokens to the alien sheet not ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto Cabrera
Mexico
Mexico
D.F.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmic tokens are those tiny carboard chits.

Ships are the plastic tokens in 5 colors.

There's an explanation of game pieces at the start of the rulebook, there's a clear distintion between both of them but since only Tick-Tock and Warrior (that I know of) use them in the base game I think a confusion is OK...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howie Dawson
United States
Grosse Pointe Woods
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks that covers it. It had been a long, long time between games of Cosmic Encounter. At least 10 years!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
Pixeling ain't easy, but someone's gotta do it...
badge
LION OF JUDAH
mbmbmbmbmb
He was simply confused over wording.

Eon/Mayfair used "tokens" as their ships. Encounters were called "challenges", negotiates were called "compromises" and other fun wording. I prefer the FFG terminology far better though.

Maybe because I have only been playing cosmic for 3-4 years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.