Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, E-jumps cost 0 Vectorium but you have to face another Event this turn? Or do you continue your turn from the end of Step 5?

Also, since you're jumping out of the universe, do you still need a location to jump to? You can't just "jump" in place?

Maybe I'm answering my own questions. Confirm or correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Jones
Australia
Oakleigh South
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
In the Pirates section of the Version 2 rules it says you use up 1 Vectorum when you EJump.

And it's my understanding, when you jump, it's like you have just performed steps 3 & 4 (pay to jump & then move to another planet) so you then go to step 5 (draw event card).

And finally, you have to jump to another planet. You cannot jump in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reprint wrote:
So, E-jumps cost 0 Vectorium but you have to face another Event this turn? Or do you continue your turn from the end of Step 5?

As specified already, E-jumps cost 1 Vectorium and you begin from the beginning of Step 5, so you have to draw another event card. I believe the rulebook even specified that it was possible to draw another pirate card after an emergency jump.

Reprint wrote:
Also, since you're jumping out of the universe, do you still need a location to jump to? You can't just "jump" in place?

This isn't specifically answered in the rulebook, but the answer is implied. Keep in mind, that you only jump to an alternate universe on a mis-jump. If you mis-jump, then your turn proceeds from Step 5 -- therefore, it's reasonable to assume that you've already moved to the next planet as part of your jump. In addition, the examples specifically call this maneuver "an emergency jump to another planet". It also thematically makes sense, since you'd be leaving behind your original destination (and all the pirates there) back in the alternate universe.

I love the fact that a pirate encounter can cause you to be "blown off course" from your original destination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
a.k.a. The Shire
badge
Waggle, waggle
mbmbmbmbmb
If you Mis-Jump, do you stay on the planet you are currently on, but it's now in the alternate universe?

Or do you go to the planet you were aiming at? But what if you're on the only planet? Where do you emergency jump to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.