Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: mystery-game-resolved [+] [View All]
Kevin Kelly
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried finding it by the publisher, but it doesn't come up, and the title has some wacky characters that make it hard to search for. Any ideas? I'm trying to find the instructions. I bought it at thrift for a buck 99.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken F
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always known it as !*##*!!@!, though I must admit the name of the game in your photo is a bit snappier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hilko Drude
Germany
Goettingen
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What are you doing!? I don't even know you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't make out the publisher's name - what is it called?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark D. Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The layout of the pieces looks similar to Mem, but the board has one extra row on each side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like a variation on Solitaire but the board and pieces are modified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kelly
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it's Entex, although the game isn't listed on under their profile here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepublisher/314/entex-in...-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Somewhere
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entex Industries, Inc., 1971. No. 3026. An Alex Randolph game.

The unpronounceable symbols seem to spell out Riot Act :
an English statute of 1715 making it a felony for 12 or more persons to assemble unlawfully and riotously and to refuse to disperse upon proclamation. (The Random House College Dictionary)

Note that the exclamation point, and the thunderbolt form an R. The double exclamation point forms an A. There's a C in that 5 pointed asterisk (meeple). And the apostrophe is a backwards t.

"Object of the game: To score points by completing lines of 4 stones -- one of each color. The player who places 4 different colored stones in a row in any direction, including diagonally, scores one point for each complete line. Players also move (place a stone) to keep their opponent from scoring."

48 stones (12 each of 4 colors) are placed in a bag, and each player draws 4 stones, placing those 4 stones in front of him (in indentations on the edge of the board). Players take turns placing one stone in the playing area, and drawing one stone to replace it. A player scores one point for each line completed when a stone is placed, and gets a free turn without drawing a replacement stone.

"He may get as many as 3 free turns, until all his stones are gone. Then he draws his replacements and the next player takes his turn."

The game is meant for 2 players, or 4 players playing as 2 teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
CrocWrestler wrote:

an English statute of 1715 making it a felony for 12 or more persons to assemble unlawfully and riotously and to refuse to disperse upon proclamation. (The Random House College Dictionary)

Note that the exclamation point, and the thunderbolt form an R. The double exclamation point forms an A. There's a C in that 5 pointed asterisk (meeple). And the apostrophe is a backwards t.

"Object of the game: To score points by completing lines of 4 stones -- one of each color. The player who places 4 different colored stones in a row in any direction, including diagonally, scores one point for each complete line. Players also move (place a stone) to keep their opponent from scoring."

48 stones (12 each of 4 colors) are placed in a bag, and each player draws 4 stones, placing those 4 stones in front of him (in indentations on the edge of the board). Players take turns placing one stone in the playing area, and drawing one stone to replace it. A player scores one point for each line completed when a stone is placed, and gets a free turn without drawing a replacement stone.

"He may get as many as 3 free turns, until all his stones are gone. Then he draws his replacements and the next player takes his turn."

Impressive as it may be that you could whip out this little nugget of information, I doubt you'll ever get the chance to repeat this feat. Nice job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
i can see the "Riot", the "Act" is a bit more of a stretch.

after looking at alex randolph's games, it seems like it may have been re-named as Counter Point
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kelly
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that is some pretty impressive work. Where'd you find that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spitzley
United States
Belleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Astinex wrote:
CrocWrestler wrote:

Impressive as it may be that you could whip out this little nugget of information, I doubt you'll ever get the chance to repeat this feat. Nice job.

Looks like a new item to be added to the DB!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Somewhere
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spelling out the name of the game using symbols was just too cute! There's no indication on the box, or in the rules, what the symbols were meant to spell. But, I think I got it right.

Kevin, in response to your question, I got the game off the shelf and looked again. I didn't find the information somewhere else.

I have submitted corrections to the Counter Point listing on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kelly
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much, much thanks, Harvey. Does yours happen to have instructions with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kelly
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or, as I might have overlooked, were those the entire rules that you posted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Wasserman
United States
Somewhere
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shazammy wrote:
Or, as I might have overlooked, were those the entire rules that you posted?

That's pretty much it for the rules --
A stone can be placed anywhere in the playing area (not necessarily next to another stone).
When playing as teams, "each team plays alternately, and each player in turn."
The game can be played by 3 players, 1 player against 2 players (I assume that the single player would get 2 whole turns at a time. It doesn't say).
If you need to keep score higher than 8, paper is suggested.
The game ends when all the stones have been played, highest score wins.

Other Entex games "in your local store" --
"Gotcha" ... Karate Game
Control! ... Unusual vehicle control game
Pocketa Pocketa ... Richochet Ball Game
Ring a Ding Ding ... Mechanized Ring Toss
Playball ... Baseball Game
Eleventy Seven Games ... Make your own game construction set
Mr. Knowitall ... Test your knowledge against an infallible Professor who also makes predictions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
I came across this in a thrift store about a year ago. Decided not to get it, but upon returning home, discovered that finding it in the BGG database was impossible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.