United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like the 2008 edition AH edition... small box, cardboard tiles... for some reason coloring is different on box cover but must be another printing and this one says "50th anniversary"

http://www.boardsandbits.com/product_info.php?products_id=20...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I suspect the era of "big box" games with huge plastic pieces has come to an end at Hasbro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
didaskalos wrote:
Why print a new box?

To fool people who know it's a poor edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
didaskalos wrote:
Why print a new box?

To fool people who know it's a poor edition.

We played this edition once, it actually wasn't bad to play with. The nice quality stock cards and nicely die-cut cardboard tiles worked very well, we had fun with the same old game of Acquire.

Not until finished and putting the game away did it become obvious that half the deck of stock cards were cut a few microns longer than the other half so the whole deck wouldn't tap down, causing you to separate the deck into the original stacks as shipped. That wouldn't matter to some people, but it REALLY PISSED ME OFF!! I'll never play that edition again. Ohhhhhhh.yuk

Edit: Admittedly, the size of the stock cards doesn't matter to game play in one bit. It's the quality of components that matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tmredden wrote:
Not until finished and putting the game away did it become obvious that half the deck of stock cards were cut a few microns longer than the other half so the whole deck wouldn't tap down, causing you to separate the deck into the original stacks as shipped. That wouldn't matter to some people, but it REALLY PISSED ME OFF!! I'll never play that edition again. Ohhhhhhh.yuk

I had a 3M edition where the stocks were two sizes. I bought it of eBay in 1999, so possibly it was reconstructed from two incomplete sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
There was no standard between reprints back then. I once bought a 3M Acquire wood tiles set with the embossed fleur-de-lite on the back. One tile wasn't embossed, so it was like a marked card. I later bought a replacement tile from someone on ebay, and it was the same size/color etc. with the proper embossing. However, the font and placement of the space marking (I-7) was completely different. You could play with it, but it looked really bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.