Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Strategy Gamers will be meeting this Wed evening at Something to Do at 6:30pm. The Startegy Gamers meet the first and third Wednesdays a month at Something to Do. They usually focus on Euros and light war games.

The Ohio Valley Gamers have Games Day at Pet Shop Comics in Hillview (just south of Louisville) the last Saturday of the month. This has many different games from board games to miniatures.

The Campaigners meet in Scottsburg Area (North of Louisville). We play monthly in homes usually war games.

We also sponsor the National Block Party (March 19-21st) that is a minicon that features block war games.

Check out our website http://www.ohiovalleygamers.org
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a good turnout. 12 or so people and we played Union Pacific, Zoo??, Fast fellows (Lumberjack racing game) & Small World. I took some pics and will update on the Ohio Valley Gamers website.

Keep Gaming!
Ric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Strategy Gamers had a good turnout last Wed. Night of about 12 people. The Ohio Valley Gamers will have games day at Pet Shop Comics in Hillview (south of Louisville).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Day 2/27 @ Pet Shop Comics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Day 3-27

Turnout was good for Games Day. I played Wellington & Hold the Line....saw a lot of other games and taught Hold the Line to friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did not make the last Games Day at PSC. I know that some of the guys played Kutozov by GMT. The Strategy Gamers are playing every Wed. Night at Something to Do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
terry williams
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I played a game with my little brother and friend Jamie at PSC this past weekend. It was pretty late and most of the boardgamers were already gone by that time so we played a game of Long Shot and then went back to her place to play The Haunting House. How do I join the Ohio Valley Gamers group on here btw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terry - just subscribe to the thread. I believe that is the way to do it.

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Games Day

We had a terrific turnout for Games Day at Pet Shop Comics in Louisville. There was over a 100 people there I was there all day and it was still going strong at 11:00 pm when I left. They had a huge Flames of War tournament, I saw Dungeonquest, played War of the Ring, saw a couple of Z-Man games and Tim, Mike Updike and I played Euroquest and got almost a year in five hours.

The Low Countries fell and the Germans just tore up the French. We were able to escape with the entire BEF. The Italians have activated and Tim has to decide if he wants to allow the Greeks to join the Allies. I expect the Axis to hit them hard with little hope of holding on with the Greeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some pics at this last week's Games Day:

EuroFront II

Flames of War Tournament

War of the Ring

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Kingmaker and Commands & Colors: Napoleonics at Pet Shop today. It was a lot of fun....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2011 Block Party is March 25-27th. (Louisville Area)

Non-war game tournaments include the Casey Jones event featuring Steam & Santa Fe Rails. Euro Iron Man on Saturday featuring Settlers of Catan, Power Grid & Puerto Rico. Saturday will also have a Single Elimination event of 1960: The Making of the President (JFK vs Nixon election game). Sunday has the Louisville Grand Prix which features Formula De & Speed Circuit.

Our first War Game tournament begins Friday at noon with the new Julius Caesar. We also have events in th efollowing War Games: C&C: Ancients, C&C: Napoleonics, Hammer of the Scots, Liberty, War of 1812 and Richard III.

All tournament winners will receive a plaque to honor their victory. There is unlimited open gaming. Some games that are already scheduled - Sid Meier's Civilization, Shiloh and Pacfic Victory.

The cost is $25 if pre-registered by March 21st. $30 at the door or $10 daily. Paid entry gets a free game during the weekend. There are T-Shirts for sale, some Columbia Games titles at a deep discount and few other games for sale.

The doors open at 10:00 am on Friday and open by 9:00 am on Saturday & Sunday. We have a special rate for folks that stay at the Holiday Inn Express of 79.95 per night that includes a FREE breakfast. Many of the local folks stay at the hotel since many of stay up playing until 2-3:00 am on Friday & Saturday Nights.

We hope you can make it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to have some pics from today's Games Day. Jack and I are going to play Great Campaigns of the Civil War's Battle Above the Clouds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Turnout was light yesterday with the holiday....I played GCACW....here area couple of pics....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.