Eriks Dunens

Minnesota
msg tools
I always want to play all of Vlaada's games
badge
Yes, even Travel Blog
mbmbmbmbmb
Would like some feedback on a rules question:

In the first year say that you have the magic room and one of the gold production rooms. You have 4 imps and one food. If you use the magic room, can you use the newly created imp to immediately go to work for production in the gold room?

Similarly, in the second year say you have 3 available imps and two food. Can you use the newly created imp from the magic room to activate the magic room again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, both of those scenarios work.

From the Appendix section - Magic Room:

The new imp figure shows up in your Imp Den immediately, so it can also be used in production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As mentioned, yes. I used the magic room and the food room to grow my imp family quite quickly the second year in one game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
If I recall correctly, you can only use 1 room at a time in the first year (e.g if you have 2 production rooms in the first year, only 1 room produces each production step).

Also, room production is instant I presume? Consider using a food production room and immediately using that food to buy an extra imp (in year 2)? Wouldn't seem right in my opinion.

I could be wrong though, I only played two games now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reucht wrote:
If I recall correctly, you can only use 1 room at a time in the first year (e.g if you have 2 production rooms in the first year, only 1 room produces each production step).

This is not correct. If one has enough imps, one may "power up" all rooms in year one.
In year two, each room may produce double, but only if the rooms receive enough imps. (A "gold" room will produce 2 gold if supplied with 6 imps.)

Reucht wrote:

Also, room production is instant I presume? Consider using a food production room and immediately using that food to buy an extra imp (in year 2)?

Yes, rooms may be powered up in any order, and the output used to power another room, if desired.

TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.