Zombies!!!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Doors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
zaphod booleen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Interested to hear from someone who plays the doors rule in Zombies!!!. I have 2nd edition which has this rule in the set.

1. Do different cards have different numbers of doors?

2. At the Gas Station it looks like the zombies are on the forecourt. Therefore they can enter and exit anywhere?

3. At the Police Station it looks like there is one main door and two minor doors. Or just one door?

4. At the Fire Station, the fire station itself has only one door. The surrounding buildings on the same card contain zombies. Some also have doors. Play one door or multiple doors for this card?

Interested in your experiences of playing aspects of this rule area.

Thanks!
Zaphodx2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scoob
United States
baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
i would have to look. i dont play the doors rule all the time but
police station i recall one door at the set of stairs.
fire station, if it has doors on it, they are multiple doors.
gas station, if the door rule is in play, zombies must also use doors.
different cards differnt # of doors, yes. unless you mean different on the same tile, then no. they are all the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about this as well too. Can you move in and out of a building anywhere or do you have to be realistic and only go where there's a door? Problem is, some tiles aren't clear on where a door is or not. I assumed the center tile was highlighted to show you that's where you need to enter from, but I guess that's wrong. What's your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
We play you have to enter and leave via the door(s).

This said we also found that deciding on what was a door was tricky. We have our on house rules on what is and is not a door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zaphod booleen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Liam, I'm interested in the house rules you have developed if you would like to share..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Pritchett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use doors when I play. We never had a problem with the doors. The firehouse actually has 3 doors I believe. You can only enter on two, one is on the parking space.

You don't have to use doors if you don't want too. My suggestion is just let the owner of the game decide what is a door. But be consistent so everyone uses the same doors.

Another thing to do is make an entrance yourself. If you have the game humans you can use the no-barricade tokens to mark the doors and the player who played the tile gets to determine how that building is entered by placing the token. If you don't have humans!!! mark them with something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.