Rivals for Catan» Forums » General

Subject: Adapting the old Catan Card Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how difficult (possible?) it will be to adapt the original Catan Card Game to this new format. Obviously the art has changed as have many of the cards, but will an adaptation be possible using only cards from the original game? Personally, I hope so. While I will probably buy this game, I have enjoyed my original game quite a bit and don't want it to be simply replaced. If I could use my old cards to play with the new rules, that would make things just great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chua
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I agree - I invested quite a bit getting 2 sets of the original and its expansions so as to be able to play the tournament game. It would be unfortunate if a set of better, streamlined rules were developed without taking account how the purchasers of the older sets could share in the benefit.

As much as I would like to own the new sets, I have to say it would be an overkill to own both the old and the new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Zembrzuski
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. I have bought 2 complete sets as well. I won't buy it all over again unless it was something substantially greater to justify it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately I may have to buy it if the other goes out of print. I made the old noob mistake of rubberbanding my first set of expansion cards. ARRRRRRGGGGHHH!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wonder if the old game will be the one to have if this reimplementation may turn out to be more sterile compared to the original....

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
It you've read any of the Catan blogs about it at Catan.com, I rather doubt it will be more sterile. They are overhauling everything and it looks pretty nice. In fact, it makes this old game look rather crappy. I have a feeling it won't get played much once Princes is in my collection

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.