Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a cylon activates Breeder's Canyon it says to resolve the top card of the crisis deck, but to skip the Prepare for Jump step of this turn.

Once the crisis is resolved, what other steps are performed? Also, could you give me examples for when Galactica is away and after it has returned?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Cylon player draws the top card of the New Caprica crisis deck and resolves the crisis. The activate Cylon step is skipped because it is always skipped on a revealed Cylon's turn (per the base rulebook). The prepare for jump phase is skipped based on the text on Breeder's canyon. There is no difference if Galactica is away or has returned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to belabor the point, but does that mean if the occupational forces icon is on the card it is ignored, likewise, if the Evacuation icon is shown, is it ignored?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You resolve the Crisis on the card, nothing else happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsup
Much obliged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
The Cylon player draws the top card of the New Caprica crisis deck and resolves the crisis. The activate Cylon step is skipped because it is always skipped on a revealed Cylon's turn (per the base rulebook). The prepare for jump phase is skipped based on the text on Breeder's canyon. There is no difference if Galactica is away or has returned.
Can you cite the page # in the rulebook where it says this?

Caprica location (NOT New Caprica) got changed such that it explicitly state that you do NOT do the activate cylon fleet icon, thus leaving the jump prep step as something you ARE supposed to do.

Breeders Canyon explicitly states NOT to do the jump prep step, but doesn't seem to indicate that you skip the cylon activity part, (which for the life of me, I cannot find in the rulebook)

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Mundane wrote:
Can you cite the page # in the rulebook where it says this?

Caprica location (NOT New Caprica) got changed such that it explicitly state that you do NOT do the activate cylon fleet icon, thus leaving the jump prep step as something you ARE supposed to do.

Breeders Canyon explicitly states NOT to do the jump prep step, but doesn't seem to indicate that you skip the cylon activity part, (which for the life of me, I cannot find in the rulebook)

Thanks!

Base rules page 20 wrote:
Important Note: There are no “Activate Cylon Ship” and
“Prepare for Jump” steps during a revealed Cylon player’s turn.

Pegasus rules modified this so that there is a "Prepare for Jump" step if required, but not an "Activate Cylon Ships" step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.