Hide
3 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: First Convention attendance - oaey rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
PrezCon 2010 is the first convention I will be attending.

Who?

Anyone else going?

What?

To do, To do.

I plan to stop by some vendors - I know I want to buy a few sundries - counter trays and dice. The only knew game I expect to pick up is my pre-ordered convention delivered Washington's War. But, you never know.

Tournament play of Wellington is scheduled - I expect to learn some new strategy and ideas, and maybe a new way to understand some rules...earning any kind of rank will just be icing.

Stuart is perhaps going to add Afrika Korps and Victory in the Pacific tournies to his schedule.

Pick up gaming and Demos for me - I have several games I will bring with me, hoping to find a player to introduce me to playing them - Wilderness War, Monmouth, 1805: Sea of Glory, and Pursuit of Glory.

Auction is definitely a place to be. Some of the stuff interests me.

I have heard that, generally speaking, you can do better at auctions than you can on EBay, etc.

BTW, is it OK to bring a few games with me I want to get rid of to possibly do a swap meet?

When?

We will leave for C'Ville Monday and stay through Saturday Afternoon.

Why?

Well, I want to learn a few new games, see some people I have met here on BGG or CSW, see some new strategies in play for some games I play, meet new friends, play some games and perhaps acquire some wish list items.

Another motive is to observe - I do think the EWR will be hosting a small cozy convention in Eden in October during the annual Riversfest event in Eden.

I know we get an encampment of Rev War re-enactors there. Miller brewing has a free beer tent as sort of a tag along Octoberfest extension.

The atmosphere is conducive to the idea.

-------------------

What makes for a great convention experience - indeed, what should one expect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaarin Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be at PrezCon 2010. It's a very fun convention. Bring games to sell, trade, and play. It's a relaxed atmosphere and lots of fun. I look forward to meeting you there.

Hmmm....great convention experience requires being open to meeting new people and trying new games, getting a bit of sleep and eating reasonably regularly. Bring the games you want to play to be sure there will be a copy. Bring Coke if you like it better than Pepsi because it's hard to come by at the hotel (though you can pick up a case at the nearby Walmart). Try the tournaments because they are generally laid back. If you like Rev War stuff, participate in RevCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Wesley
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there, too. This'll be my 2nd PrezCon, but the first in a long time - I think the last one I went to was in 2002 or 2003.

I'll be there Weds evening thru Sat eve & I've got nothing scheduled on Thursday. Have been looking at Pursuit of Glory myself, happy to play with you if you can find me

Plan on attending the auction on Saturday afternoon - the wargame auction is always a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.