Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarify use of Cheif's Daughter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Clapacs
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
This came up in a 2 player game with my wife last night. She had both the Cheif and Cheif's Daughter in her hand. She played the Cheif normally, then immediately played the Cheif's Daughter on the same action for a crutial extra 3 points. We had a brief quibble over whether "another" player as used on the Daughter card strictly ruled out its being played by the same player. This was resolved in her favor by my conceding the point,but for future referance I still want to know. The rules seem to mysteriously omit any mention of the Daughter card in the card-by-card section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
We will sing to you Doctor... the universe will sing you to your sleep.
mbmbmbmbmb

There has been a confirmed ruling in this thread that the Chief must be played by another player in order for the Chief's Daughter to be a "freebie".

edit: This can also be referenced in the Agricola compendium which is in the file section and available for download.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
. . . but being it's Valentine's day, you might wait until tomorrow to tell her . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Clapacs
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Thanks! Too bad I just read out the replies to my wife in sequence. Good thing I've already bought the roses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.