Conflict of Heroes: Price of Honour – Poland 1939» Forums » General

Subject: Maps in PoH. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sigurdur Gunnarsson
Iceland
Seltjarnarnes
flag msg tools
Will this expansion be using some of the AoB maps or does it come with all new maps?

I was just wondering because the map style is somewhat different in SoS (thinner, brighter colors). If the maps from AoB will be used, will the maps in PoH be AoB style or SoS style?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
ISOisNo1 wrote:
I was just wondering because the map style is somewhat different in SoS (thinner, brighter colors). If the maps from AoB will be used, will the maps in PoH be AoB style or SoS style?

By "AoB" are you referring to "AtB"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be some firefights that require AtB maps, and some that require SoS maps. While slightly different, the AtB maps and the newer maps still fit together quite well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
There will be some firefights that require AtB maps, and some that require SoS maps. While slightly different, the AtB maps and the newer maps still fit together quite well.

Does it come with any all new maps, created for Price of Honour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging from the images in the gallery and game description, I would say yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Judging from the images in the gallery and game description, I would say yes.

And they look damn good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Høygaard Jensen
Denmark
Copenhagen
Denmark, Europe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The maps looks, if possible, even more beautiful than the SoS maps.
My only criticism is that they seem a little to individual, meaning that put together with other maps, they will most likely make a "borderline" of trees, to the adjacent map.
Otherwise, i am getting more and more convinced to buy this one (if the FF are not to fixed) since the graphics, and the low-tech tanks and equipment highly appeal to me. cant wait to see more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Ozon
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Maps are made so to represent more dense Polish terrain, especially muddy Polesie area. We have clear maps in SoS.

Maps are designed in a such way that they create a village or a large forest when put side by side. For that purpose I needed terrain pieces close to map`s borders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.