Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the 57th PBF Battlestar Galactica game. This is going to be a 5-player game using the Pegasus expansion. A Cylon Leader will be allowed but not required.

The final destination will be determined by vote -- the players when they check in will send me a geekmail voting for Kobol, New Caprica, or the Schrödinger option used in "Revenge of the Flying Toasters", in which it is not known until the Sleeper phase hits (at which time I flip a coin).

Ground rules will be similar to most of the PBF games.

First: Obviously, subscribe to the thread. A fast-moving game is most fun for everybody, so everyone please check in at least twice a day, preferably more, and wherever possible please try to send me orders in advance (e.g., if you have a skill draw that has a choice, try to tell me what you'll choose before we come to your turn, or if you have a Calculations card and there's a die roll, let me know via geekmail whether or not you'll use the card if it affects the result, et multa cetera).

Second: Please make liberal use of images to help remind everyone of which character you're playing. If nothing else, at least use the excellent banners that DukeOfEarl made.

Third: Use italics for in-character role-playing, regular text for out-of-character comments, and bold for definite orders. (Orders in geekmail need not be bolded, however.) Orders posted to the thread not in bold will not be taken as final or executed -- conversely, orders that are in bold are final.

I'm going to try something a little new for this game, btw: a prize for best role-playing. Not huge, just 3 GG. We'll have a vote on it (secret ballot, single transferable vote) after the game is over, for the player who had the most enjoyable and/or creative role-playing.

Fourth: I will not prompt for use of OPG powers, or for aiding a Cylon attack -- if you think you're going to use your OPG, or play Strategic Planning or Calculations to aid the Cylons, please try to let me know about it in advance.

I will create and maintain a geeklist for the game; players might want to bookmark it, as I will keep it pretty up-to-date. If you ever want to see what the board situation is, or what has happened so far this turn, it will be a useful resource. Naturally if you want to check on something you can also ask me.

I'll update people on their hands when they draw cards. Also if anyone wants to have a full hand update every turn I can do that; let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wright
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was a short wait. I'm in.

I'd like a hand update whenever it changes too please.

Thanks for modding David.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, and I too would like an update whenever their hands change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
33 went on so long that you were all at the top of the waiting list when it ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
So it looks like this game is going to be all players from the 33b Krew.

And just when you Humans thought you could get away...

Oops, wrong game

I'm in as P5 is exactly what I was looking for...Set my hand update option to update entire hand when new cards are recieved (don't need an update when I play a card, but if that's what you're doing, I'm good with that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:
33 went on so long that you were all at the top of the waiting list when it ended.

It was sort of a pact between the players, we decided to take the opportunity to recreate Titanic (Director's Cut). The first half was a beautiful love story between Gaius Baltar and a variety of inanimate objects, while in the second half we went back in time to kill Hitler!

...It's possible my imagination wandered a bit when I saw that movie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
So it looks like this game is going to be all players from the 33b Krew.

Whoo!

Makes sense, it's 33 all over again. We didn't destroy a basestar before jumping, so we got shuffled back into the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad this isn't game #66.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have fun you guys... Might watch this one from the outside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have invited you, only you set your preferences to "B!". If you want to reconsider that, I believe you have the top spot on the waiting list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, that's alright. I think I want to play a Base game for my next game, but thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:
No, that's alright. I think I want to play a Base game for my next game, but thanks!

Good luck in your next game, Charisma Carpenter's Giant Disembodied Head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Stevenhagen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here is the missing fifth player. Interesting to see you guys again, perhaps this time I will decide to join the crew rather than just popping in as a messenger of some being.

As for playing a CL, do you really think that is a good idea for a 5-player version? It means that there is only one hidden cylon and once that one is found, the game can get a bit dull, especially if it's early in the game. I usually go for a CL only if even with the CL there will be two hidden cylons (6 or 7 players), I won't be holding you back, though, if really want to. I know I probably won't be playing one, expecially since for a change I want work with this group instead of against it (or do I?).

As for the updates, again just with hand changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we could add a sixth player if everyone really wants -- I just finished modding a game with a CL with a Sympathetic Agenda, and it was kind of dull, so I was thinking that if we had a CL I'd want one with a Hostile Agenda. But I don't want to do a 7-player game. So, 5. 5 with or without a CL is fine with me; I leave that between you and your own consciences.

I've randomly determined player order. It will be:

billytea
DCAnderson
ianwright
swgod98
Grinning One

I'm going to go ahead and remove your names from the waiting list. billytea, please post your character choice. Other players can send me COs if they like, although I certainly understand wanting to wait and see what others choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and our final objective...will be revealed at the Sleeper phase. There was a clear majority for the coin flip. (Interestingly, nobody put New Caprica as his first choice.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Dedeaux
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
I think we all got New Caprica out of our systems in the last game.

I actually enjoyed New Caprica (first time playing it in 33b) as it revealed unique strategies to me. Though I really liked the idea of the random selection after the Sleeper Phase best. I think that will prove to be more interesting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some stats on character choice. This is the 16th Pegasus game on BGG; of the first XV, exactly one started off without Cain as Admiral. She's been chosen 14 times. The other new characters are also popular, relative to the regulars at least (in order: Ellen, Dee, Kat) - but the second-most popular character is not a newbie. Gaius Baltar has been chosen in 12 of the 15 games.

The least popular characters (who have each only been selected once) are Tom Zarek, who has the weakness of being pretty useless with locations on New Caprica, and the other weakness of not being Gaius Baltar); and Helo, who was my choice last game. (Apparently that's enough to stop anyone else choosing him.) Other less popular characters are Adama, Boomer, Roslin and Tigh.

Of the new characters, Ellen has never yet been revealed as a Cylon, and Kat and Dee have turned out to be Cylons almost two thirds of the time. Cain's been a Cylon a third of the time.

I'm somewhat tempted to take Zarek, but I've already played a Political Leader and a Military Leader. One of the pilots, then; but I find their relative worth is heavily altered by whether we're ending at NC or not, so I'll save that for a later game.

I pick Anastasia Romanov "Dee" Dualla, or to give her her Indian name, the Civvie Whisperer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wright
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed NC as well, and it was the first time I'd reached it as a human. Don't think I'd want to play with it every game either. A coin flip at the sleeper phase sounds the most interesting.

I'd prefer no CL in a 5-player game too but it's up to everyone. Either of the humans win agendas would make for a very lonely cylon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wright
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 3 games with Cain starting as Admiral and I've never seen her survive more than a couple of turns. I'm due to go military, but it's time for someone other than Cain to step up (actually, now that Cavil's gone she still might appear but I'll stick with who I was going to pick).

I choose Adama

Action stations, action stations. Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.

Cavil is out the airlock already? I'm proud to have a crew this efficient at hunting cylons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you could check the game I just finished -- #39A. Cain was chosen at the start, and was still around at the end (albeit was not the Admiral). In fact, no human was executed that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, by the way, people who are not the first player (so far, DCAnderson and ianwright) please geekmail me your initial card draws. If your draw depends on whether you're human or Cylon, that's fine, just send me both options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
This is probably a bit of a crap shoot, but I guess when all things are even I should just take the character I want to play. (Also the one with the best lines.)

I pick Cavil

Hello there human race. I know we are all deeply upset about the genocide enacted by my brothers and sisters.

Apparently it was all part of "God's" plan.

It troubles me deeply, but I assure you that if you would just do us the service of not trying so damn hard to stay alive, that this would be much easier for all of us.

Thank You

Screw it, I'm gonna change my mind. I know I'm going to get a totally lame agenda.

I pick Boomer.

I found that strangely hilarious. "I AM YOUR GENOCIDAL OVERLORD. BOW BEFORE MY WILL, PUNY MORTAAAHH, SCREW IT, I'M GOING TO PLAY A HORMONAL TEENAGER INSTEAD."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
ianwright wrote:
I've played 3 games with Cain starting as Admiral and I've never seen her survive more than a couple of turns. I'm due to go military, but it's time for someone other than Cain to step up (actually, now that Cavil's gone she still might appear but I'll stick with who I was going to pick).

I choose Adama

Action stations, action stations. Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.

Cavil is out the airlock already? I'm proud to have a crew this efficient at hunting cylons.

Cavil was a Cylon? We just did it because he was creeping everyone out.

I think if you were going to play Cain you would have been alright since Boomer would probably be out the airlock long before you. I think we should start a pool on which distance it will be when I get executed.

Also, I'm going to be totally radical and go against the grain here in my portrayal of Boomer and not post any pictures of Grace Park in her underwear.

You know, if this means you have pictures of her without underwear, the woman deserves some dignity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it...the game hasn't even started yet and the banter has me laughing out loud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inspirational Leaderhips
Australia
Melbourne
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who care about such matters, our card draw per cycle so far is: 0 Politics, 4 Leadership, 7 Tactics, 2 Piloting and 2 Engineering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [25] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.