Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sten Friberg
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The last two senteces of the Special Rules seem a bit confusing to me. After reading the errata on the homepage I'm even more confused.
Please help me make sense of this:

1) Second to last sentence: The U.S. commander unit gets to play two combat cards instead of one, right? So the wording "the U.S. player draws 2 Combat Cards from the action deck into his hand" is a bit misleading? The non-player doesn't have a hand to draw cards into, he just plays them.
And, shouldn't "action deck" be exchanged for "the appropriate Combat Deck" for added clarity?

2) The last sentence:"Finally, always draw 2 cards from the Action Deck into the non-players hand instead of just 1."
At first I misunderstood this due to the use of "action deck" in the previous sentence. As I now understand it I take this is regarding the play of the U.S. non-player operation cards, right?

3) In the errata there is a mention of "the Non-Player German". Shouldn't that be "Non-Player U.S."?

4) The errata says "...draws and plays two cards (not one as normal) from the German (sic!) Action Deck in its turn".
Assuming we're still talking of Operations Cards from the Action Deck, where do the rules say that drawing one card is normal?
The Solo Rules, section Non-Player Action Card Deck only says that "the number of cards played from this deck varies for each scenario".

Again, thanks for a great game!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Kroegel
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
1) Second to last sentence: The U.S. commander unit gets to play two combat cards instead of one, right? So the wording "the U.S. player draws 2 Combat Cards from the action deck into his hand" is a bit misleading? The non-player doesn't have a hand to draw cards into, he just plays them.
And, shouldn't "action deck" be exchanged for "the appropriate Combat Deck" for added clarity?

Yes, you are correct the non player has no hand. You play two combat cards for the non-player.

2) The last sentence:"Finally, always draw 2 cards from the Action Deck into the non-players hand instead of just 1."
At first I misunderstood this due to the use of "action deck" in the previous sentence. As I now understand it I take this is regarding the play of the U.S. non-player operation cards, right?

Yes, you are correct. You play two operation cards for the non-player instead of the normal one card.

3) In the errata there is a mention of "the Non-Player German". Shouldn't that be "Non-Player U.S."?

You are correct again. That should be the non-player US. thank you for pointing that out.

4) The errata says "...draws and plays two cards (not one as normal) from the German (sic!) Action Deck in its turn".
Assuming we're still talking of Operations Cards from the Action Deck, where do the rules say that drawing one card is normal?
The Solo Rules, section Non-Player Action Card Deck only says that "the number of cards played from this deck varies for each scenario".

That was changed in the errata where it says that normally you play one operational card for the non player. Sorry for the confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.