Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game saw me introducing the game to two... no, three new Galaxy Truckers. The first round was Jackson, Jesse and me. We built our ships, I used the standard set of "first time" event cards, and by the time our ships reached the end of the journey, Jesse's had disappeared somewhere in space - and Jackson's costs were equal to his expenses. I'd made about 8 credits.

Our first ships, before

Harley then turned up and I invited him to join in. The rules were explained, and he had the joy of building his first ship as a Level II ship! Harley is a deceptively good boardgamer, though, and I felt he could manage it.

I was mostly right. He did suffer damage to his ship, but it did complete the race - in complete contrast to the ships of Jesse and Jackson, which were both horribly, horribly destroyed. Piles of dead components filled their boards, and no credits for them. I gained another 20 or so credits; Harley gained a handful of credits - 10 or so.

Our second ships, after

Now it was time for the third race, and this time it was me who felt the full horror of unexpected events. The very first event was Saboteurs, and my SEVEN crew were not enough to save me! My first roll missed the ship, as the did the second... but the third took out the component "6, 7". To my absolute horror, the left-hand side of my ship drifted off into space!

Then came RoboSmokeys, and Harley overbid me and made more of my ship float away. Open Space finally finished me off, as I had no engines left. Jesse and Jackson finally came good in this race: hardly any of their ships were touched. My existing credit store took a massive hit from the lost components. Meanwhile, Jackson made a cool 40 credits from his trip, with a lot of cargo... and took the game from the proceeds of the final race!

Our third ships, after

I ended with 19 credits, Harley had 24 credits, and Jesse had gained 18 credits. So goes the life of a Galaxy Trucker: a wizened veteran who knows all the tricks can still be brought undone by a young scamp who still doesn't know how to shave!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.