Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Due to a sizable gift from my mother for the purpose of getting a game I don't need, I was able to purchase a complete Aerodrome set from the author/designer.

The set includes 6 1/144 scale Wings of War models, six laminated control panels, six reference cards, rules, 7 aircraft data cards, rules, a tear-resistant map, and hexes, telescoping stands, magnets and even a little stick to help manipulate the magnets. (You have to glue them to the flight stands and planes.)

The map size is 2.5" hexes which is half the scale as the map used at the conventions but the same size board, so you can play on most any regular sized table. (We first played at GenCon).

Total cost was $237.50 including shipping. To some that's probably just ridiculous. I think, considering the work he puts into making the sets, it's reasonable.

But the kicker is this: It's little airplanes on stands that go up and down to show altitude! How cool is that!?

The laminated panels, while certainly not as cool as the wooden ones, work just fine. The game is a lot of fun!

Go here for ordering and game information:
http://www.aerodrome-ww1aircombat.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.