7 Posts

Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Final Conquest with dice roll rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew
Russia
flag msg tools
"Provided he still has at least one unused Race token,the player may attempt one final conquest for his turn by selecting a Region that he would normally be 3 or less Race tokens short to conquer"

How can I understand this?
Can I conquer a region who need 4 tokens to conquest or dice roll value + available tokens always need be 1 more then normal coquest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Unspecified
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmb
Look at the die - each pip that you rolled is treated as if you had an additional token. After the die roll, the regular number that you need to beat still applies.

Tokens in hand + die roll > amount of cardboard in tile + 1

(edited for correctness of math)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The die can give you a maximum of 3 extra (virtual) tokens for the conquest. The rule tells you that you can only attempt a conquest if you could succeed.

In other words: you can only try to conquer a region using the die if it would take no more than 3 extra tokens (besides the one(s) you have left over) before trying.

Say you have 2 tokens left and there are 3 enemy tokens in the region you want to try and conquer, this would be allowed (2 + max 3 from the die = 5 which is enough). If you had only 1 token left, you wouldn't be allowed to try, as you don't have a chance to succeed (there would be no point anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have 1 or more tokens in your hand left at the end of your conquering, you can try to conquer a region that you don't quite have enough tokens for, by rolling the die and adding the result to your tokens. Since the highest die value is 3, it's pointless to try to conquer a region that needs 4 or more tokens than you have in hand.

If you roll higher than you need -- say, you have 2 tokens and need a roll of 1 and roll a 3 -- you cannot use just part of the roll and try yet another conquest. Rolling the die ends the conquering phase of your turn.

[Wow, 2 other people responded while I was making my reply.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
Warpstorm wrote:
Tokens in hand + die roll > amount of cardboard in tile

That inequality is wrong. The correct version is:

Tokens in hand + die roll >= amount of cardboard in tile + 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian

Unspecified
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmb
You are, of course, correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Russia
flag msg tools
Thanks to all. This question arise from Russian rules translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.