11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Trying to find an old game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donald McClure
msg tools
Hello all,

I have a wee challenge - Ive been trying to find a game I had years ago and was hoping someone would maybe be able to help me!

There was no 'board' as such, but it was a 3d model of a sunken pirate ship with various little pieces such as broken oars, treasure, that were part of the game (I cant really remember the rules of gameplay). I got it in the mid 90s in the UK.

Its a pretty vague description but if anyone could help I would be most grateful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Ghostly Galleon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald McClure
msg tools
Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion but thats not the one. Im pretty sure it didnt have a fold-out board with it, and the ship was bigger and a lighter brown colour, with a hole in the side. There were lots of little pieces with it, like little oars and pieces of treasure, and Im sure that there were three of each little piece, each one a different size, like a small oar, medium oar, big oar, which had something to do with the gameplay.

Anyone else know perhaps? Wish I could remember more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance it could be Broadsides and Boarding Parties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald McClure
msg tools
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion too but thats not it either. From what I remember the ship was like a sunken wreck - light orangey/brown in colour, toppled to one side a bit and with hole in one side in which there was a treasure chest. It was quite 'cartoon-looking', if you know what I mean.

Thinking back, I seem to remember that it was implied that a shark or giant octopus attacked the ship, but im not 100% sure on that.

Does any else happen to have played it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't sound very much like what you are describing, but could it be Tip the Ship?

Was your game plastic or cardboard? How old where you at the time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald McClure
msg tools
Hi,

Thats not it but thanks for trying . The ship was made out of plastic and i got it when i was about 10, which was mid-90s and im pretty sure it was a newly released game at the time. The ship itself was the game 'board', but i cant remember if it was electronic/battry powered also.

Ive been searching the site here with keywords like ship, pirate etc but have not found anything yet.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would be really grateful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald McClure
msg tools
Maybe you're right - I was only 10 at the time so i just might have got a bit confused!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Aasted
United States
flag msg tools
designer
Yes, I spend Geek Gold on useless things like this.
badge
Gloria: [to Robot] I'm just scared I'll come home one day and find you screwing a toaster.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you click on the tab Advance Game Search at the top of the screen it will take you to another search screen. At the bottom of that you can click the Filter Board Game Theme tab. The next screen has a tab for Pirate, click that one and then search. It'll show you all the games listed with a Pirate theme. With a little luck you just might find what you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald McClure
msg tools
Hi,

Thanks for pointing that out - had a search through all the games labelled pirate as well as 'nautical' and tried a few other ones but still havent found it! Perhaps it is not on the boardgamegeek site, which seemed unlikely at first. Been searching round the web as well but have had no luck.

Does anyone perhaps have any other suggestions? Its not that important as I was just curious to find out more about it as I have such a strong memory of that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.