Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin M
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all,

The mother in law just turned up with these figures in a box, anyone recognise what game they are from please? The box just said "Biblical 15mm":

Nosing round the net, I thought they might be from Holy Hack, but can't seem to find any good pictures of the figures for that game.

Failing identifying the game, and suggestions as to what game would be suitable?

Many thanks,

GC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, with "Biblical 15mm" I'm assuming they're just generic 15mm miniatures with a biblical theme, which, well, seems to be correct, judging by the pictures.

I don't think they're from any specific game, but you could use them with one of the available mini rulesets, you know, like WWII Micro Armour: The Game, only for armies around 500 bce.

I'm sure someone here knows a miniature wargame of that kind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Duncan
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea as to the origin of the minis; but you could have an awesome setup for Circus Maximus with the chariots. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Barlow
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No one takes the time to read anymore.
mbmbmbmbmb
They look like some beautifully painted toy soldiers. Are they metal or plastic?

If metal, here's a handy list of all the metal 15mm ancients soldiers manufacturers:

http://www.madaxeman.com/main/15mm_ancients_suppliers.php

Nice palm trees! They're probably from a different source.

Go to this site, http://www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/index.php?page=ancient, and read down the list to:

Ancient Foes, or Fast and Furious, or anything else that looks suitable to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Madsen
Sweden
Bandhagen
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look like generic minis for use with just about any ancients minis rule set. I'd suggest DBA on merits of being well known and generally spoken well of.

Nice find, but how did they end up with your mother-in-law?

/kgm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin M
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for all the replies. I believe from the weight they are all metal, but don't really know to be honest.

The mother in law got them at a charity shop; she's found many such bargains, including a £3,000 platinum watch for 50p once!

To be honest with you, I'm likely never to use them so was thinking about bunging them on ebay. Unless someone here wants to give them a loving home and is prepared to make a reasonable offer? I can take some better pictures if you are. In total there are:

- 23 sets of 4 figures to a base.
- 6 individual solo figures.
- 6 chariots.
- 4 palm trees.

They appear to be immaculate; I can't see any obvious damage to any figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Brooks
United Kingdom
Rugby
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you've got a New Kingdom Egyptian wargames army. I can see Egyptian bow, spear and axe men, Nubian spear and bow men mercenaries, and what are perhaps Sea-people mercenaries. One of your chariots appears to have a characteristically blue-crowned Pharoh. I could do better with clearer pictures, as no doubt would many in the wargames forums.

I suspect it's based for WRG 7th edition rules, though you could make 2 DBA armies (a very fine game) out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.