5 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: The "Path" improvements in the "I-deck"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rasmus Christensen
msg tools
What on earth is a path?

You can receive bonuspoints for "most valuable street" made out of either wood, clay or stone.

But I have no idea what a road is or much less how to construct one!

Any help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, the I Deck has 3 'road' Minor Improvements: A wooden path, clay path and stone path. Only the most valuable one in play at game's end earns points.

So, for example, if I had the clay path and you had the wood path, my clay path would score points while your wood path would score nothing. If a third player in the game had the stone path, he would score the points listed on it while you and I would score none.

I believe the wood path is worth 1, the clay path 2 and the stone path 3. This is all from memory, so I may wrong about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Earles
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The player who has the "best" card of the three "path" improvements will get the 2 point bonus at the end of the game scoring. The improvements are, in "best" order:

1 -> Paved Road
2 -> Clay Path
3 -> Wooden Path
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RasmusKnokgaard wrote:
What on earth is a path?

You can receive bonuspoints for "most valuable street" made out of either wood, clay or stone.

But I have no idea what a road is or much less how to construct one!

Any help?

Short answer that may sound snarky:
A "path" is a card that says it is a path and has all the wordy text about getting bonus point for having the best.

Longer answer:
The I deck has 3 minor improvement "path" cards. One requires 1(?) wood to build (wooden path), one requires 3(?) clay (clay street), one requires 5(?) stone (stone road). The only thing these cards do is give points at the end of the game. Whoever builds the 'best' of the 3, where stone>clay>wood, receives 2 bonus points.

You build these cards the same way as any other minor improvement action.

Did I miss anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Christensen
msg tools
Great! That cleared it up:-)

I missed the fact that the card itself was the path/road - I thought you were supposed to build something else other than "just" performing the action on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.