Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Runewars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rally Support - same reward for all Cities or select by individual cities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Irving
Australia
Sydney, Potts Point
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When playing the Rally Support Order, does the player pick one of the benefits (receive either neutral units, tactics cards, influence tokens, or quest cars) and get that same benefit across all the cities they hold? In other words they are forced to pick only 1 benefit like influence tokens which is then applied for all their cities to gather influence tokens only from all their cities.

Is there another interpretation; which would allow them to pick a different benefit (but only 1 benefit per city) for each different city they own. Example: for City A they select influence tokens but for City B they can choose to recruit neutral units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinny Tee
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, my interpretation is that you get to choose, individually, any 1 benefit from each city you control. It's not a one time choice for all cities.

So with City A you can take influence tokens and with City B you can take tactics cards.

In my mind only being permitted to take the same benefit from all cities significantly limits the benefits of having cities.

Just to add a little support to my position, the rules state that "For each city he controls, he chooses one of the following benefits:" on page 36.

If you were meant to take the same benefit from all cities, I think the rules would have stated "For all cities he controls, he chooses one of the following benefits:"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinny Tee's right. The wording in the rules could be interpreted either way, but I'm sure the choice is made individually for each city.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
"For each city he controls, he chooses one of the following benefits:"

I don't think there's really any room for interpretation there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you choose "for each" city, not "for all" cities.

IE, if this rule was a computer program:

foreach (city in cities_controlled) {
city.choose_reward();
}

NOT this way:
rewardtype = choose_reward();
foreach (city in cities_controlled) {
city.getReward(rewardtype);
}

Thus, you could choose neutrals for one city, influence for another, a quest from another, and tactics cards from the fourth. (Though if you have 4 cities, that's pretty good in itself).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.