WEI-CHENG CHENG
Taiwan
Taipei
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
800 Heroes" is an action-point driven wargame. Both players own serveral units and there are one to three action points on the edge of each unit. For each action point, each unit can use it to fire or move once. After spending all action points, the game continued to the next turn and every unit on the battlefiled can recover all of their action points.

"Rotated action point" means you rotate one unit clockwisely to reduce its action point. Action points on the edge directing to the owner indicates the remaining action points of this unit. By doing this, you can easily see the remaining action points of each unit.

This unique system was created on my first published game "Seediq Song". I have this designing concept after playing Uwe's "Conflict of Heroes". In Conflict of Heroes, you reduce the action points on a tracking sheet. But in this game, you rotated each unit to reduce the action points. The initial idea is to create a simple wargame for the public in Taiwan, since most people are not familiar with the board war game. However, this system just works for small wargame design.

I will use and adapt this system to my following small war game design in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks a very beautiful game. I like the system you describe for the Action Points. This would never work in Conflict of Heroes of course because facing is important. As 800 Heroes is an operational game it will work well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.