Popular Tags: [View All]
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I just played my first game of BSG with parts from the Pegasus expansion. Now on the with the show.

Characters that played in todays game:

Helo,Starbuck,Boomer, Adama, Baltar, Tom Zarek , Cylon leader Cavil.

In the fleet we were all still recovering with the Cylons bombing of our old world and we needed some hope to find a clue to a new one.

Baltar had just been elected president and Adama didn't care for the guy for he seems untrustworthy.

The pilots Boomer and Starbuck immediately launched in vipers to to protect the fleet. Starbuck went to the back of Galatica to guard the civilian ships. Right away Cylon raiders, and Basestars appeared but on the other side of the ship. It started the panic the people and we lost some morale and wasted fuel. We quickly jumped and left them behind ,but that also cost us some precious fuel.

Some survivors from Caprica arrived and Helo was amongst them. He quickly launched into a third viper for the Cylons had caught up to us again.

It was too much for us and the Basestars fired away and damaged the Pegasus and Helo got shot down and sent to the sick bay. The Galatica also was damaged and from that the Hanger Bay was damaged. Now that wouldn't be too bad ,but the other 2 pilots were there. So now all three of them were hurt. Baltar tried to encourage people by giving a motivational speech and that helped a little ,but it was too late for the Cylon leader made his appearance.

Cavil showed up on the Galatica and started to cause panic by using his influence to nominate a person to be shoved out the airlock. We all though that was a really bad idea and quickly quashed it.

Adama had to sacrifice a nuke to order Baltar to make a Cylon detector. He did ,but then with some influence from Helo Baltar used his Presidential power and threw the Admiral Adama into the Brig under suspicion of being a cylon. There Adama stayed until the end of the game. The command passed to Helo and between him trying to pilot vipers to defend the ship and leading, neither one helped.

The ship was quickly losing Morale from fight after fight, Food shortages ,but we did get some Fuel resupply. The onslot from the Basestars destroyed the Pegasus. It was soon after the Galatica was surrounded by more raiders and Basestars that Starbuck revealed herself to be a Cylon and using her new power threw Baltar in the Brig with Adama.

Baltar did convince Adama that it would be a good idea to get the President out first and the Adama agreed. Baltar was not successful the first time due to fate,but made it out on the second attempt. It was too late for Baltar to do anything effective.

Boomer did have her moment of glory by eliminating 3 raiders with some Maximum Firepower ,but then a new disaster occurred.

The new Cylon Starbuck then struck and caused the new Admiral Helo to become handicapped by losing all his skills and by this time we had just made our jump to a distance of 4, so we were half way there. The Morale was really low,Food and Fuel was half gone. The Population was the only thing that didn't really decrease. The rest of the loyal cards were dealt out and it was revealed that Adama actually was a sleeper Cylon.

We all conceded to the game for the odds of the players to actually make it were pretty much impossible ,plus 2 of the players had to leave anyways.

Now my quick comments about the game:
I will have to play this again with seasoned players to give it a final grade ,but the game seemed to just take forever. So I don't recommend it for newbies.

EDIT: I had the selection of the characters chosen inncorrect. It was Tom Zarek, not Chief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game is worth giving it another go, but 7 player games are difficult even when everyone has 5+ games under their belt. There's just so much down time, and so much discussion, it becomes rather difficult to get into the game.

So I'd say give it another chance, but try it with 5 or 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.