Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Knick Burton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I've tried posting this in the recommendations forums, didn't get much of a response. Anyhow, the game involves character creation, dice rolling, and equipping cards. Combat is the main aspect of the game. Being the first player or team to achieve the victory standards for the chosen match wins the game. Various match types include: Headquarters, capture the flag, last man standing, specific weapons, etc. A more in depth Frag if you will. It's got a lot of weapons, gadgets, printable 3D terrain (so even if you don't like the game much you have a handful of free terrain ) etc.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/66403/battle-royale

The game is aimed at if you were to make one character and everyone fights each other with their single guy, but honestly, it would work the same if you wanted to make a few characters and go team vs team. It's more of a skirmish than all out war.

Anyway, I really just want some more input on it. Only seems to have 2 guys who are really excited about it. Trying to broaden it's fan base I reckon.

Anyhow, it's like 7 mb download, with everything you need to play (minus minis, d6s, and a tape measure.) then you can DL each type or terrain you want.

(Edited in a attempt to avoid those who read too deeply.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BalladBlack wrote:
a PnP game where you literally beat the crap out of each other

This sounds deeply unpleasant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Pavone
United States
Ruby
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, you should be careful when using the term "literally". It LITERALLY means you really and truly will do what you say.

I may enjoy wining a game, but not if I literally have to punch my opponents until they actually sh*t their pants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knick Burton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, thanks for being a dictionary? So I'll take that word out and maybe see some real input?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Pavone
United States
Ruby
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
have a sense of humor dude, I'll take a look at the rules this evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pavo6503 wrote:
have a sense of humor dude, I'll take a look at the rules this evening.

You're being a pedantic ass about his word choice and *he* needs a sense of humor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Pavone
United States
Ruby
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nolan Guthrie
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
It is a wargame!
mbmbmbmbmb
What a bunch of crap heads. I will probably cheack it out, it reminds me of "Duel of ages"
Nolan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nguthrie wrote:
I will probably cheack it out, it reminds me of "Duel of ages"

Everybody wins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Pavone
United States
Ruby
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YAAAAY! I WON!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't pretend English is a pristine and unsoiled entity, but the degradation of a word as specific and functional as "literally" is especially painful, and will always catch my attention. Good and effective use of language should be a top priority of any designer (amateur or otherwise) in a hobby as reliant on written instructions as ours is.

With that out of the way, I'm looking through this game and while I may not get a chance to play it (as I likely won't find other interested parties) I'll provide feedback where able. I like (but don't love) Frag, so I am encouraged by the similarity, though lack of depth would not be among my issues with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Pavone
United States
Ruby
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted my feedback on the Battle Royale page here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/491320/looks-great-so-fa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knick Burton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to apologize for apparently being without a sense of humor, not even going to try to throw a dog in that fight lol.

Also, I never stated English was something I win at. Going to school for Illustration, not grammar. So you will have to excuse me if spell check didn't catch my eye or my sentence forming isn't to text book standards.

The "ass" has provided some very good and much needed in depth input. So he gets my props there. Also, if he decides to play using GI Joes, I want pics. Empty bedroom covered in obstacles and buildings the size of small dressers sounds awesome lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.