Subject: How does LNOE compare to ATZ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Fiester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered ATZ but in the time while waiting for its release I have discovered games like LNOE, Zombie Plague, and Dead of Night. So, in people's opinion, what is the better/best game? (I realize that unfortunately I am also asking about a game that's unreleased, even though the rules are available online.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
ATZ and LNOE are of a different kin really. Now I may not be correct but if I read correctly ATZ is closer to a tactical wargame experience. You are really trying to survive the night against a really really angry horde of zombies. While LNOE is like you B movie classic horror style zombies with characters that seem invincible and then have some kind of stupid flaw that causes them to die and zombies that while quite angry are not always very threatening. Realistically a collection has room for both games since the games are really quite different.

Tldr: (too long didn't read)
ATZ more serious. LNOE more beer and pretzels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin troup
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what is ATZ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
msg tools
ATZ=All Things Zombie, I assume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Daley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thalion22 wrote:
I pre-ordered ATZ...

My condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ATZ doesn't look fun at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
troyboy81 wrote:
ATZ doesn't look fun at all

Now don't say that. ATZ is actually quite interesting (though not as visually appealing as LNOE)

The game itself is made to be either 1 off missions or even "campaigns" of zombie survival. It really is the "wargamers zombie apocalypse" (in quotations because someone else called it that but i don't remember who) The game will build narrative far better than most games can and should be quite awesome. Given that it will probably fall into the pitfalls of wargames (or what some people may argue are the pitfalls of wargames) of long games, extended rules checking and head scratching all around. Comparing to LNOE is almost impossible since the two games achieve such different aspects of gaming.

Saying all that I probably won't be buying ATZ...not because I wouldn't like to try it out but rather because no one will ever play it with me even if I did have it (and yes i know u can play it solo but...you know)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it reminds me of axis and allies minis and thats why i don't like it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your opinions. I had pre-ordered All Things Zombie, but honestly have been flip-flopping on whether I should cancel the order or not. I've read the rule book and wasn't too impressed, to be honest. What's more, in the mornings, when I feel like I should watch my spending, I am this close to canceling. Then on the way home it's a different story.

Unfortunately, I don't always get to play games with other people, so a game I can play solo isn't too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
thalion22 wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't always get to play games with other people, so a game I can play solo isn't too bad.

You can play LNOE solo: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/48383/solitaire-system-for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.