John Iverson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There is a claymation movie about aliens landing and then not able to hold their big heads up due to the gravity. It was linked at least once by its creactor in a geeklist about other jobs or hobbies that BGGers have.

Inept geeklist searching and youtube searching has failed to find it.

Anyone recall this and have link to geeklist or direct link to the youtube video?

Thanks for your time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I don't come to Chit-Chat as much as I used to. I just happened to be sick and decided to swing by... That was me. I think the geeklist had to do with hobbies, but I can't remember exactly. You can check out that video and some of my others here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/G12Entertainment

The video you are talking about was called "Aliens Attack". If you were at all interested in the back story, it was made for an internal film contest while I was working at Industrial Light and Magic, called the Backyard Film contest. The rules were relatively simple. We had $50 maximum and couldn't use a computer (except for editing and sound). Any VFX were to be done practically. The theme was "Aliens Attack".

I ended up with "Best in Theme" and "Audience Choice".

The other films up are my work as a student, either as a graduate student, or during my time at Animation Mentor (Beware the Mailagator). Eventually I'd like to get some of my undergraduate work on but that entails figuring out how to transfer stuff from VHS...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Iverson
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Excellent. Good stuff. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyi wrote:

Excellent. Good stuff. Thanks.
Any time. I'm glad you thought enough of it to ask to see it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.