Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
742 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [30] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Run, run, as fast as you can! : Gingerbread Man concedes. All players can wander freely over the weekend. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Run, run, as fast as you can! - A Werewolf / Text Adventure Game

Run, run, as fast as you can!
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!
I've run from a husband, I've run from a wife,
I've run from a butcher with a carving knife.
I've run from a cow and a muddy old sow;
And I'll run from you too; I can, I can!

This game is a cross between a standard Werewolf game and a Text Adventure. All roles are basic vanilla Werewolf roles, and the biggest non-standard rule is one slight oddity with the lynch, but players who explore their surroundings will be rewarded by discovering items which may help them in the Werewolf portion.

Roles
Note: The number of players allowed in this game is not fixed. I will adjust the roleset based on the number of players signed up. The final numbers will be posted before the game starts.

Important note: When you sign up for this game, please send me a private geekmail to let me know your regular hours that you will be available to play, and particularly to use Cassandra. I will adjust the roleset to attempt to balance players who may not be able to participate as much. Also, if you think you could NOT be the Gingerbread Man, which is naturally the most demanding role in this game, please include a note to that effect, although please do not discuss this information publicly.

GOOD
All Good players win if the Gingerbread Man is eaten, regardless of who eats him. Good players lose if the Gingerbread Man either attains parity with the Good players, or escapes (see special lynch rules.)

10 Villagers - Ordinary hungry villagers with no special abilities. They would love to catch and eat the Tasty Gingerbread Man.

EVIL
All Evil players win if the Gingerbread Man attains parity with Good players, OR if the Gingerbread Man escapes (see special lynch rules.)

1 Gingerbread Man - (lone wolf / max evil) No, no, he won't come back! He'd rather run than be your snack! The Gingerbread man selects one player to kill every night.

3 Dieters - (cultists) Oh how they would love to just nibble on the Gingerbread Man, but they can't have the sugar, and if they can't have him, they're going to ensure no one does! Each Dieter is an cultist that knows the identity of the Gingerbread Man, but has no other special abilities. They do not exist for the purpose of determining parity, and furthermore they will not kill the Gingerbread Man (see special lynch rules).

Locations and Items
Each player will start in a particular location. Players may enter a move order at any time to move from one location to any adjacent location; move orders will be processed every hour at 15 minutes past the hour, up until one hour and 45 minutes prior to lynch (i.e., given that lynch is currently scheduled for 3 pm, the last chance to move is at 1:15 pm). So if you enter a move order at 2:37 am, you will move at 3:15 am. After movements stop, lynch will take place at the scheduled time, then night order resolution roughly an hour following. There may be special movements that occur at night due to items and effects, but normal movement will not resume again until dawn has been posted.

Locations will be grouped together by Region; there will typically be multiple individual locations within a region. Regions are really nothing more than groupings of locations. An example region might be a House, and within that House region there might be locations for a Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, some Bedrooms, etc. Regions will likely arbitrarily vary in size and scope.

Each Region will have a Cassandra chatroom associated with it. All players in any location in that Region will have access to it. When you enter a region, you will only be able to read posts starting from the time you enter; you may not see previous posts in that chat although you are welcome to ask anyone there for a summary. If you leave a region, you will no longer be able to post or read new posts in its chatroom, although you will still be able to see everything from your stay there. However if you re-enter the same region at a later point, the chatroom will reset, so that you will now only be able to see posts starting at the time you re-enter. You may freely geekmail yourself the contents of the chats you have left in order to help you remember your previous conversations.

Each player will start with no items, but as they travel from location to location, they will encounter several items which they may pick up. All items will likely have some effect, which will be described when the item is obtained. A partial list of possible items will be posted below. Players may also pass items to other players in the same location. Like movement orders, all item orders related to picking up, dropping, or passing will be processed every hour at 15 minutes past the hour, up until one hour and 45 minutes prior to lynch. Like movement orders, processing will begin again after dawn has been posted. Item-related orders are always processed prior to movement; so it is perfectly valid to, for instance, pick up an item and move immediately.

Many items will give the player holding it a night-use ability. These orders are processed with the night results, before the nightkill. Some require you to target another player, or even a location or region. If you target a location, you must know the exact name of the location - you can't just guess location names.

If a player dies, all items a player was holding remain in the same location that the player was in previously.

Special Lynch Rules
Every day, there is a lynch. Players may not vote "no-lynch". However, in order for the lynch to kill a player, at least one other player must be present in the same Region as the lynch victim. If this condition is satisfied, the player is killed. If this player is the Gingerbread Man, and at least one player in the region is NOT a Dieter, he is eaten up and Good wins. In any case, the role of the lynched player is publicly revealed, along with his Region (although not necessarily his specific location within the Region).

If however the lynched player is in a Region alone, nothing happens to the player but his role and region are still publicly revealed (as in The Children of Húrin). This way the lynch can sometimes function as a public seer reveal.

If the Gingerbread Man is in this way lynched and revealed, then the Gingerbread Man will attempt to escape. If the village cannot successfully lynch and eat the Gingerbread Man within three further lynches, then the Gingerbread Man automatically escapes and evil wins. So, if the Gingerbread Man is revealed on Day 4, then the Gingerbread Man will win after the lynch of Day 7 if he has not been eaten, regardless of how many players are still alive.

Special Nightkill Rules

The Gingerbread Man may select one player to kill every night, but if the Gingerbread Man is not either in the same region or in an adjacent region to his victim, then the kill order has no effect. No reveal takes place and the target of the kill is not informed of the kill.

Note that for this purpose, two regions are adjacent if it is possible to travel back and forth between two locations in the two respective regions. One way connections that cannot be traveled in reverse do not count.

Other Rules and Notes
* Normal Werewolf rules and standards apply where not otherwise stated
* Lynch is at 3 pm and the Night Order deadline is at 4 pm BGG time
* The only "hidden" information in this game is the details about the Locations and the Items present in the game; otherwise the roles above are exactly as described; there are no hidden roles or rules.
* None of the items will allow conversion, or exclusive victory conditions, nor will they change the basic game information in this rules post.
* Items will not be able to invert view-type powers, or make the public role reveal on lynch incorrect.
* Items MAY allow the game map to be modified (e.g. you may find a path that was previously accessible to be blocked, or a new path to be created)
* The moderator will not lie.
* You may post summaries of any chats you have been in, but you may not directly quote whole conversations, nor reproduce timestamps from chatrooms. You may geekmail yourself any chats to archive them, in order to avoid losing past conversations if you leave and re-enter a region.
* As noted, regions will vary in size and scope; one region may have a single location, while another region may have a dozen
* It MAY be possible to get trapped in a Location or group of Locations, either because the map is naturally that way, or because of player actions or item effects. There will always be some way to escape from such traps, although that might involve waiting for other players to rescue you.
* Items that start closer to the starting locations of most players will be weaker; more powerful items will require some traveling to discover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Run, run, as fast as you can! : In signup
Partial Item List (Just to give people an idea of what sorts of items may be out there. This is nowhere near a quarter of the items in the game.)

Black Pebble - Does nothing.

Crystal Ball - Can be used at night to view any other player for alignment.

Elixir of Sugar - Can be consumed at night to instantly teleport to the Gingerbread Man's previous location.

Gloves of the Thief - Can be used as a night action on any player in your region to steal all their items. The target will get the Gloves of the Thief, however. If used on a player in a different region, the order will have no effect.

Gingerdar - If the holder of the Gingerdar is in the same region as the Gingerbread Man at night, the Gingerdar will beep.

White Shroud - If a shroud is in your possession when you die, your role will not be revealed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
annab
Belash
dbmurph22
ElAdoranSureshot
jageroxorz
Javal
Kaldar
LuckayLuck
Moozers
Nemue
red turtle
redemption99
riot
SuperChutney
TheSparky
xandryyte
Zyxistal

17 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4954...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just a note in case anyone read through the rules above already this morning:

I just updated the rules to reflect that Locations will be grouped by Region. As I was planning out what I would want the overall game map to look like, I realized that there would be way too many locations and it would be way too easy for the Gingerbread Man to hide and escape whenever discovered, even with the sorts of item abilities I have planned. So there will likely be more like 10-20 regions, and individual locations within each region to contain items and to travel through.

In order to compensate for making this therefore more difficult on the Gingerbread Man, I have made the Aux-Evil roles cultists (although the exact number is still yet to be determined).

To clarify what applies to Locations and what applies to Regions:

Locations:
* Each item will be in individual locations (or held by a player). So if there is a Knife in the Kitchen, you won't be able to see that Knife from the Living Room.
* Movement is from one Location to adjacent Locations; from the Living Room you might be able to move to the Kitchen, or out the front door to the Dirt Road in the "Village" region.

Regions:
* Chat rooms are by region; all players in the House region will share a chat.
* To kill someone at lynch requires a player in the same region; if the player being lynched is in the Living Room, and someone else is in the Kitchen, the lynch will be fatal; however if no one is in the House at all, the Lynch will not result in a death.

(Note that it may be to Good's advantage to arrange a few non-fatal lynches early in the game to build up a public clear list or at least force the Gingerbread Man to kill them, but then again if they expose the Gingerbread man too quickly they might not have the resources to catch him before he escapes...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Kilsyth
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm going to push this back two weeks since Champions is still going strong, and that both affects the availability of players to sign up / play as well as my ability to finish everything I need before getting this started.

If this affects your time availability, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Christopher
United States
Edwards
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Run, run, as fast as you can! : About to start. Interested in observing? PM Avin
Just a note - as I geekmailed out to all the players, there are 7172 locations I've designed for this game world! I'm really excited about turning people loose in it. The game should be ready to start tomorrow - just a few things I need to add in.

I had the thought that if anyone reading along would be interested in being a non-player "observer", who would agree to

* not post to any region chats, and
* not pick up any items,

then please send me a PM.

Observers may freely explore the game world, and if you ask me I will teleport you instantly to locations that you name. The assumption is just that you do not affect the game in any way.

Anyone interested?

Of course it's not too late to sign up either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Run, run, as fast as you can! : About to start. Interested in observing? PM Avin
The Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally System

Your Moderator has enabled the Cassandra Automatic Vote Tally system
for this game. In order for it to function correctly, your votes will
need to be formatted correctly. The following rules will explain what
you will need to do:

Players
1. All votes must be bolded

2. The entire vote statement must be bolded and enclosed in bracekts: [vote jmilum]

3. Only one vote per post.

4. If you [vote nightfall] your vote will be locked (voting
nightfall is allowed in the same post as a vote for a player, but it
must come after it, this does not violate Rule #3)

5. Vote tallies will be automatically posted to the game thread hourly
if the tally has changed. The Tally and Vote Logs (for each game day)
are also available on the Cassandra game page.

6. If your vote is not counted be sure to check the Vote Log page and
see if it was marked invalid and why.

7. Case does not matter and simple typos will not cause the vote to fail.

8. You may [vote no lynch] if your game allows it.

9. Non voting players will be listed in the tallies. This will only be
correct if the Moderator notes which players have been killed (see below)

10. Editing a vote post will invalidate the vote and it will not be counted.

Moderators
1. The moderator will need to post [Dawn] when the day begins
(after the night results are posted) and [Dusk] when the lynch
deadline has passed and the day is over. Votes will not be counted
after [Dusk] has been posted. They will be registered again
after [Dawn] is next posted.

2. You may include a day number in the dawn and dusk post for
informational purposes, but it will not be used by the system.
Cassandra will increment an internal counter each time it sees
[Dawn] no matter what day is shown in a dawn post (i.e.
[Dawn 3] the three is allowed but ignored)

3. After dusk has been posted, the Moderator may go to the game page
on Cassandra to request a Final Tally to be posted before the normal
scan period has elapsed (i.e. Game Y gets scanned at 45 min. after the
hour, if it lynches at 7pm the moderator may request a tally to be
posted from the game page before 7:45pm. it will also be posted
regardless of whether or not it has been changed since the last
posting) - Do this by clicking on the 'Retrieve Final Lynch Time Vote' link.

4. You will need to note which players were killed via the lynch or at night by
either posting [killed jmilum] in the thread, or by going to the game
page and editing the player list. When posting in the thread, be sure to post
[dusk] before posting the lynch kill, and post [dawn] before
posting the night kill.
Example:
A. lynch time has passed so post [dusk]
B. goto the game page and select a final tally to be posted
C. check the final tally and post [killed melsana]
D. after the night deadline has passed post [dawn]
E. post the night kill with [killed kima]

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Vote Log Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4954...
Vote Tally Page: http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/4954...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
[dawn]

So you're off to explore now! Please note the message I broadcast in Cassandra - to move around and manipulate items in the game world, you must use the new forms under the Game Orders tab in Cassandra. For using items as a night action, use the "regular" order dropdown: the Use1, Use2, Use3, etc.

If you are in a location that has items laying around that you can pick up, you will have an additional dropdown that will let you pick up as many items as you would like. If multiple people are in the same spot, then whoever submits the order first will get it.

If you have items in your possession, you will get an additional order spot for each item. You may pass, drop, or keep each item.

Every player, including observers, started in one of three regions: the Fields, Village, or Farms. These are the three "safest" regions, in that their layout is rather straightforward. However, as you stray from these three areas, you may find the paths confusing and devious. Be warned. Yet, the three starting regions are the sparsest as far as items are concerned, and what items may be found there are mostly of little value. So, the risks ought to be worthwhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
IMPORTANT: LuckayLuck, SuperChutney, Dispaminite, and Nemue are OBSERVERS. Votes for them will not count. Night orders targeted on them will have no effect. If you attempt to pass them an item, it will technically be automatically processed, so DO NOT DO SO!

(edit: adding Dispaminite)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Also, one last disclaimer. I have been testing this new system for processing items and locations in the test game, Constellation Lupus, but even in the last few days we have found a few bugs, so there might be things to be ironed out still. If something seems completely wrong with the result of an action you take, feel free to inquire about it. You might also consider geekmailing me, particularly if it's during the day and it is harder for me to keep up with all the chats in Cassie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I guess that wasn't the last disclaimer after all.

If you have any suggestions or feedback on the new orders, I would love to hear it, either during the game or afterwards. If you have a suggestion that is simple enough, I may even be able to implement it over the course of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Run, run, as fast as you can! : Game on! (D1) Observers may still join - PM Avin if interested.
Sorry, yet another note.

Some of you started in a location that had a number at the end of it, e.g. "Fields - Path 3". While I was setting up the game I numbered every location that had a non-unique name, to help me with the design, but I have since removed all the numbers. So the next time you move into the location you're in, if you end up in just plain "Fields - Path", that's why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Run, run, as fast as you can! : Game on! (D1) Observers may still join - PM Avin if interested.
Woo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Room for one more
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
[vote Belash]

No one should need a reason to vote Belly.

But...

er...

My Bunny-Magic Senses say he's made of a substance that combines ginger and a type of bread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (17/17) - # - Voted by

Belash - 1 - Kaldar(1)

Not Voting: annab, Belash, dbmurph22, ElAdoranSureshot, jageroxorz, Javal, LuckayLuck, Moozers, Nemue, red turtle, redemption99, riot, SuperChutney, TheSparky, xandryyte, Zyxistal

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 3:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 4:00 PM BGG
---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Kaldar - 1 - Belash(1)

Not Voting: annab, Belash, dbmurph22, ElAdoranSureshot, jageroxorz, Javal, LuckayLuck, Moozers, Nemue, red turtle, redemption99, riot, SuperChutney, TheSparky, xandryyte, Zyxistal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[Vote Kaldar]

For being evil in the last few games I played with him!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote luckayluck]

maybe I'll get luckay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Belash - 1 - Kaldar(1)
Kaldar - 1 - redemption99(2)

Not Voting: annab, Belash, dbmurph22, ElAdoranSureshot, jageroxorz, Javal, LuckayLuck, Moozers, Nemue, red turtle, riot, SuperChutney, TheSparky, xandryyte, Zyxistal

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Kaldar - 1 - Belash(1)
redemption99 - 1 - Kaldar(2)

Not Voting: annab, Belash, dbmurph22, ElAdoranSureshot, jageroxorz, Javal, LuckayLuck, Moozers, Nemue, red turtle, riot, SuperChutney, TheSparky, xandryyte, Zyxistal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Kilsyth
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get moving people. I think the first stage is to get items.
Then lets have a look at who to lynch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Belash - 1 - Kaldar(1)
Kaldar - 1 - redemption99(2)
LuckayLuck - 1 - jageroxorz(3)

Not Voting: annab, Belash, dbmurph22, ElAdoranSureshot, Javal, LuckayLuck, Moozers, Nemue, red turtle, riot, SuperChutney, TheSparky, xandryyte, Zyxistal

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

jageroxorz - 1 - LuckayLuck(3)
Kaldar - 1 - Belash(1)
redemption99 - 1 - Kaldar(2)

Not Voting: annab, Belash, dbmurph22, ElAdoranSureshot, Javal, LuckayLuck, Moozers, Nemue, red turtle, riot, SuperChutney, TheSparky, xandryyte, Zyxistal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here to Help!
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The Computer is your Friend
mb
jageroxorz wrote:
[vote luckayluck]

maybe I'll get luckay!

Avin wrote:
IMPORTANT: LuckayLuck, SuperChutney, and Nemue are OBSERVERS. Votes for them will not count. Night orders targeted on them will have no effect. If you attempt to pass them an item, it will technically be automatically processed, so DO NOT DO SO!

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [30] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.