Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Elison
United States
Millcreek
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently I've had the luck to get Descent and most of its expansions on the table. I haven't yet purchased the most recent expansion (Descent: The Sea of Blood). On most occasions I've played the overlord because I tend to be the most experienced and I really want the heroes to have a good adventure, for it to be challenging. So far my favorite game has been on the "Buried Alive" map from the Descent: The Well of Darkness expansion. It was extremely tense for the heroes as the map fell away behind them. At one point I was able to roll a boulder down one of the hallways killing a couple of them, they survived by being very cunning and having someone run back and jump through a glyph that was about to be buried and wait for the other survivor to open a glyph in the next room. Anyway it was an awesome game that came right down to the last tense move. Are there other maps that are as fun to play? I don't want to go through and read every single map setup and explanation to find the next good one, that would just ruin the experience for me if I ever get to play a hero. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Bart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also want to ask this question on the FFG Descent forum. If you have new players, I did like an introductory scenario on the FFG site. It suits fewer players and uses fewer bits, so there's less in-game setup.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.