Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luc Jacobs
Belgium
Lichtaart
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, Am I strange, playing alone on a snowy sunday ...
Anyhow, I won borderline in the Normal mode, 30 points
(only second time I play alone with White moon expansion)

During a break, I found here in strategy: "y need to move Su-Ling a lot".
Anyhow, only fitted the mystic barrier once, cleared all the ghost (no x-tals left for saving a villager).
Next time, I'll move her more!

To keep a long story, short ...
Wu-Feng appeared in the Howling ondine incarnation (4 blue), Su-Ling off-board. Blue was full, green's turn, so I put it in green, spot 3. This makes the Green board full. Note, Blue board was full to, having a black ghost (keeping a die) adjacent to KF-School. Green wipes 3 Ghosts trough kung-Fu-School (should have tried black).
Red turn: Some real bad guy Devourer left Devourer Middle black gost, so put him on the a Buda token (middle red).
Moves Yellow from KF-School to Middle, moves to KF-School.
Tries to exorcise "Repellent Beauty", 1 black. 2 Dice, FAILS !
That's bad. Blue has one life, will be killed when on turn.
Then I see the solution. Yellow has Yin/Yang token (and 2 x-tals, and 1 Blue Tao token).
Yellow turn: Draw some 4Red Ghost.
So I move Yellow in front of the Howling Wu-Feng Odine bad guy and use the Y/Y for the KF-School, black ! I trow 1 Black, one White ... So by by-by to the repellent Beauty. Then I see Repellent Beauty doesn't allow Tao dice, so have to use a x-tal. Anyhow, put the mantra on Howling Wu.
Turn blue: A hunting ghost eats a villager (Li, one Ghost less to go).
One Empty spot. The Crazy Shaman ... Crazy ... All Taoists loses their abilities (Strong Guy).
So now or never I guess. Trow white, red, black. + mantra + Blue Token + x-tal counts as Four Blue.
So I had a Lucky Win!

Score: 12 Villagers, 7 Qi, 10 Victory, -4 Haunted Budda tile, 4 Ghosts left: 29 points
Only used 2 artifacts: Potion and x-tal bag (moon dust).
Unused:
Blue: Firework, Vengeful Claw (could have taken a Blue token when Red Failed?)
Yellow: Scroll of Unity (should have called all taoists?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.