Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Printer Friendly for geeklists - please rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are just some things I like to have hard copies of. There are a number of reviews that I have printed out so I really appreciate the printer friendly feature on reviews.

There are also some geeklists I would like to print out. Can we get printer friendly option added to geeklists? This would work much better than copy and paste.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hanoian
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you use Firefox, get the "Nuke Anything Enhanced" extension (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/951). I'm pretty sure it is free.

Once it is installed and Firefox is restarted, scroll down until the left hand column ends, right click in white space somewhere below the last entry and then select "Remove this object" from the popup menu. The entire left column will disappear and the list will fill the whole width of the page (so if you are printing, you won't lose a bunch of your page to having to save space on the left for that column). Unfortunately, you will have to "re-remove" if the page refreshes or you go to a subsequent page of a long listing. The only extra thing left will be the header at the top of the page. I haven't figured out a way to easily remove it, but if it really bothers you, you can do it one section at a time and eventually get rid of as much of it as you want.

If something you don't want removed gets removed, right click again and select "Undo last Remove" and the removed item will be restored.

Alternately, you can highlight what you want to keep and select "Remove everything else" from the popup menu.

Nuke Anything also solves a problem I have with some animated avitars that can be distracting to me at times (especially the ones that change large sections of themselves from one color to another or light to dark). I just right click on the avitar and select "Remove this object" and "poof" it is gone.

If you like to print lists out for later use, another nice thing to use is FinePrint (http://www.fineprint.com/products/fineprint/index.html). FinePrint acts like a printer as far as Windows is concerned. (It doesn't appear to be available for other OSes.). When you are going to print, select FinePrint as your printer and the output is sent to FinePrint, where you can select to print the item 1-up, 2-up, 4-up, 8-up or booklet. (2-up will place two portrait oriented original pages side by side on one landscape oriented piece of paper, etc.) You can also pick the printer you want the FinePrint output to be sent to. You also have the ability to "delete" pages from the printing job before actually printing, so if there are comments at the end or just the footer on the last page, you don't have to waste paper if you don't want to. Two sided printing in combination with 2-up or 4-up will save many trees.

FinePrint is a little pricey at $49.95, but I've used it for a number of years and I've never had a problem. I'm not connected with FinePrint - I just like it. You can download a trial version for free (which prints a banner on the output).

I'm sure there are many other similar products that will do this. Actually, now that I've poked around, my current printer, an HP 2015 offers n-up printing under its finishing tab. My previous printer didn't offer this, so I bought FinePrint years ago. FinePrint works so well I haven't even tried HP's n-up printing.

Hopefully this isn't too long or too much like a sales pitch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.