Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SanktDavid
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last summer I played History of the World for the first time, and really enjoyed it. Since then I've wanted to try and pick up a copy for myself, naturally. Unfortunately, this OOP game isn't the cheapest (not terrible, but still, more than I usually want to pay for one game). So I've been trolling trading and Ebay ever since, looking for a copy.

Fast forward to last week, I spotted a copy for sale on Ebay, 24.99 plus 10 shipping, with less than a day left and zero bids. So it wasn't a huge surprise that when I opened the listing, there weren't any pictures, and just one click line saying the game was in good condition. I figure that was why no one else was bidding on it.

At any rate, I thought to myself, what the heck, throw down a minimum bid, maybe you'll win, and then maybe it will come (ie, not be a scam) and maybe it will be in good condition.

Long story short, I did win, it did come yesterday, and aside from a dented in box cover and a few stains on the rules, everything is accounted for and it really good condition. It is one of the older Avalon Hill editions with the blue cover and the chits.

I know, it's not as cool as paying 2.99 at Goodwill, but I feel like it was a good deal for a game I've been wanting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is approximately how much I paid for mine a couple years ago. It's a good game and I prefer the cardboard counters to the plastic miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.