Popular Tags: [View All]
Francisco Belzunce Darrocha
Spain
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to all,

I played five games with different opponents always with the starter deck and always with the same result: MacCain wins

I would like to know if this is only coincidence. Is the game unbalanced? any similar experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Francis wrote:
Hi to all,

I played five games with different opponents always with the starter deck and always with the same result: MacCain wins

I would like to know if this is only coincidence. Is the game unbalanced? any similar experience?

have you read through rest of this forums ... seems like most people have had better luck with obama. but you are using the starter decks and are experienced playing against what seems to be new people, so you should have an advantage. if you aren't playing against new people, why are you using starter decks still if worrying about play balance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Jaurin
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And everytime I've played with the starter decks Obama wins. Honestly I wouldn't start worrying about game balance before you've gotten hand of the regular drafting-version since the starter decks are close to identical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Belzunce Darrocha
Spain
L'Hospitalet de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
[q="Francis"]Hi to all,

if you aren't playing against new people, why are you using starter decks still if worrying about play balance?

Just because i have played against new opponents in all my 5 games, we played with starter decks and i dont worry about balance, i enjoyed all 5 plays, only i wish to know other gamer`s experience

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played once with the starter decks and it was a blowout for Obama.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Gervais
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really interesting. At Orccon, I played a game and watched two others with the starter decks and saw McCain win all 3.
I was assuming the decks were identical. Is that the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Identical but for the swap of Defense and Economy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Belyakov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
Stop tickling my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game yesterday, McCain won in the end, but it was pretty close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience was the opposite.

But the starter decks are essentially identical, they should be balanced.

If theyre balanced, and 32 people of even skill level play each other, one should experience McCain going 5-0...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
McCain has won 6 of 10 for us. I won with him last night, so if Obama had won, our series would be even right now. Only the first game used the suggested starting cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.