Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb

I just picked up a copy of the newer edition with the thick glossy card stock.

Today, I've read some postings touching on how the thick card stock may wear out quickly. Would be curious from those who've perhaps played this newer edition a number of times:

Are you finding that the cards are wearing out pretty fast?
If you do a standard two handed shuffle, are you likely to hurt the cards?

Thanks,

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you'll need card protectors in a year. Battle Line is our most played game (I bought it a year ago) with 50 plays and the edges of the cards are really not the best by now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Marso
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for your reply.

I've been shuffling the cards several times now. Am finding that after breaking the cards in, they are getting easier to shuffle and the card stock does seem of high quality.

Looking forward to getting this one on the table soon.

Bob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grandy
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobm174 wrote:
I just picked up a copy of the newer edition with the thick glossy card stock.

I was going to buy this game, but one of my concerns was the cardstock. In Tom Vassel's review of BL, he said the cardstock was "cheap" (maybe not his exact words...); however his copy may have been an older version.

Thin/cheap cardstock is one of my pet peeves...some people don't mind, but it irrates the heck out of me. I'd rather pay extra and have FULL sized cards made of quality card stock than small or thin cards.

Does anyone know how I can tell if a version of BL has the cheaper or thicker cardstock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron Fender
United States
Vandalia
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently ordered this game from Boards and Bits, I can tell you the version I ordered has the heavy/glossy card stock. I am not sure however how to tell for sure if you do not buy from this location if you will get heavy or thin card stock.

Hope this helps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grandy
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does help Aron...since you have the newest printing of BL, one must assume copies published recently will have the quality card stock.

My only hang-up about buying this game was the lackluster card stock. Now that it's been improved, I have zero reservations about buying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grigg Lumbermanson
Iceland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so is the 2007 print the only way to go or can the 2004 print do the job?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.